Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

do dealers have to tell you....

Options
  • 26-08-2008 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

If a car has had a repair to the body work ?

Can you return a car you've found to be damaged and repaired ?

Are most dealers ok with having an independant inspection ?

I am normally fairly ok with this stuff myself, but I would like a second opinion on this one for some reason.

Thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

afaik, they should tell you, but only have to if asked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

If you ask and they know, they have a responsibility to tell you.

Most of the time you can't return a car that you've found to be damaged and repaired, but it depends massively on the circumstances - how big was the damage, what was the cause, is it new or s/h, is there loads of demand or little etc. etc.

If having and independent inspection is a prerequisite of buying the car, no dealer should have a reason not to allow it unless they have something to hide, in which case you should walk away immediately. I personally would encourage it, if that's the only obstacle for the customer and I'm confident in the car then once the inspection's done the sale should be a foregone conclusion!

Advertisement