Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to the scene....first rc truck.

Options
  • 26-08-2008 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

I was out in vegas recently and decided to buy an exceed rc 1/8th scale truck.....

http://www.extremehobbyonline.com/servlet/the-70/TECTONIC-1-fdsh-8-SCALE-RC/Detail

I'm completely new to the hobby so I would like to know what the best course of action would be to get myself started.

Its a RTR set up so all i need is the nitro fuel. I have a glow started and charger. I'm a bit confused over the engine break in phase, but I'll work it I guess.

Anyone know of a decent nitro fuel that I should use?

I just want to bash around with it for the moment....nothing hectic.

any website for me to browse or other info would be a great help.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I was out in vegas recently and decided to buy an exceed rc 1/8th scale truck.....

http://www.extremehobbyonline.com/servlet/the-70/TECTONIC-1-fdsh-8-SCALE-RC/Detail

I'm completely new to the hobby so I would like to know what the best course of action would be to get myself started.

Its a RTR set up so all i need is the nitro fuel. I have a glow started and charger. I'm a bit confused over the engine break in phase, but I'll work it I guess.

Anyone know of a decent nitro fuel that I should use?

I just want to bash around with it for the moment....nothing hectic.

any website for me to browse or other info would be a great help.

thanks in advance.
    Check out forums.thetoyz.com There is a great guy called squirrel there who has a 10 part series on youtube from when you get the kit to tuning it. Here is part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAggkhHqEkw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

anyone recommend where i can order a good 20% nitro fuel?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

You have not said what your location is, and it's usually cheaper to collect such a hazardous and heavy item. So this means the local hobby shop.
    All hobby shops sell nitro fuel.
    In the Dublin area you could get it at www.greenhobbymodel.com
    Also the General Guide Thread has contacts in many locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

coolwings wrote: »
    You have not said what your location is, and it's usually cheaper to collect such a hazardous and heavy item. So this means the local hobby shop.
    All hobby shops sell nitro fuel.
    In the Dublin area you could get it at www.greenhobbymodel.com
    Also the General Guide Thread has contacts in many locations.

I'm sorry....i'm in co.Roscommon. Bout 20 mins from Sligo. But I don't know if sligo have a hobby shop and if they do I can't find them in directory?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

hobbiesireland.ie do Merlin nitro fuel. Or you could try boyztoyd.ie but they charge €15 for postage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Pop into Magowans of Sligo. They'll see you right.
    PM me for a tel nr if you need one.

Advertisement