Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy to install wireless router.

Options
  • 26-08-2008 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

Hi

Im looking for a wireless router that I dont have to install on a PC if there is a such thing. I bought 2 wireless routers one a belkin and the other a buffalo. I returned the two of them. I tried installing them but on both of them would not work. I have IBB breeze:rolleyes:. The cables went onto the back it was not the phone line it was the other one. It seams when I get to the final step to test the connections it wont work. I am completely confused and frustrated now. Please help...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

For IBB Breeze, you require something like a Linksys WRT54G wireless router. The short network cable from the brick power-supply goes into the "Internet/WAN" port on the router. Then connect a network cable from one of the 4 LAN ports into your PC/laptop.

You then need to navigate to the homepage of the router (usually 192.168.1.1) where all the configuration is done. By running the supplied CD, it will guide you to this. Entering your IP info, 83.*.*.*, 255.*.*.* DNS and so on will allow the router to handle your internet signal from the breeze aerial and in turn pass on the "internet" to your PC/laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Thanks. Any idea where i would get one. Rang PC world and they have none.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

komplett sell them. I also recall Peats on Parnell St selling them off cheap...30 odd quid I think.

Buffalo wifi routers also available from dabs.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You should be able to pick up a Netgear one in IT direct in Parliament St and other computer shops also sell Netgear stuff. What you are looking for is often referred to as a 'Cable' router i.e. one without a dsl modem in it.

Advertisement