Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CZ 527 .223

Options
  • 26-08-2008 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Just got word this evening that my licence is in and ready to be collected from the local gardai. Am over the moon only took just over 4 weeks for application to go through :D:):D:)

A question for the lads that already have a cz is it easy to take off the rear sights. I read on a previous thread that it is only a matter of pushing down on it and it pops off is this correct ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

No , riflehunter thats the CZ 452 . The CZ527 is a dove tail and from what I can remember it needs to be drifted out from left to right as the gun points away from you. A small piece of wood and a mallet. good luck with it and I know you'll enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

That's great news on the 223 license coming though.

Do as fishslapped has said and it will come out. Rememebr to support the barrel under the rear sight as you drift it out. Some say to use a small brass rod and hammer to shift it. My son got his taken off when he got a mod fitted by John Greene in Waterford.
    Or if your scope will fit just leave it in. I've seen loads of CZ 527's with the rear sight still in place and a scope fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Thanks lads picked it up this afternoon, lovely rifle if I do say so myself :D.. I tapped out the rear sight only took around 10 seconds thanks for the info on taking it out. The optics I was putting on it is an e bay special ( been in the drawer for a few years) a ZOS 6-26 x 56 milidot, I can see ye all now a ZOS never heard of them well neither have I :D.. But to be honest it only coast me 34 euro from japan had I have to admit its not a bad scope at all.It lets in great light, but god there is some weight in it. It will do for a while till i get a few quid togeather to get a good quality scope. Am how would you say it broke now, rifle 700 euro mounts 108 euro its going to be a long month

Rifle hunter I used a Zos on my 6.5x55 for a while and not a bother on it . not the best scope , but up to the job for foxing and general plinking. especially when your on a budget.

Was out this evening to zero in the new cz, happy enough with the results got a sub 1 inch group at 100 yards in field conditions using American Eagle 55 gr. FMJ (10.50 Euro). Had a bit of trouble with the millett mounts earlier but finally got it sorted. Hope to try out Hornady 55gr v max (28 euro) and Sako Gamehead soft piont 55gr ( 23 euro) over the weekend. Happy enough overall and not bad results with a 34 euro scope from e bay :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Lads and ladies just wondering what most of your setups are like on your rifles for lamping. Do ye use bi - pods or shooting sticks, I have always used bi pods when I lamp(rimfire) and most of the time I am on my own. But iv now made the jump up to centerfire I want to make sure that I am on the money at all times, I dont wont to have the worry of were did that round go. I know the land I shoot on very well but you just never know. So the main question is when ye are out after the red fella at night are ye using bipods or shooting sticks. For the lads who are using sticks how do you rate them ?? Ive seen alot be used on dvds so might be interested in getting a set .

Oh yea forgot to add this above check out Jack brittingham website if ye are after some great quality hunting dvds, jack covers big game in north america to hunting the big five in africa. He uses both rifle and bow. Iv got quite a few of his dvds usually arrive in 10 days at great prices as well. Well worth a look at lads and probably some of the best hunting dvds out there and great value when you look at some of the prices for hunting the red fella and rabbits off a guy just over the water from us ..
    http://www.jackbrittingham.com/

Rifle hunter I use my CZ varmint with kevlar stock, harris brs bipod, millet mounts, leupold 8.5-25x50 XVIII w/ varmint hunter rec., deben tracer pro max lamp on the scope with dimmer switch. calling by mouth , but looking into an electronic caller and american eagle 50gr. hollow points. This rig is good for walking out. but if Iam feeling lazy a honda 250 2 w/d quad with a lightforce 240 blitz lamp with red filter and on the dimmer does the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Rifle hunter I use my CZ varmint with kevlar stock, harris brs bipod, millet mounts

Same here. Congrats on the addition, I am very impressed with my one & will be sad to see it go when I trade it for a .308.

Rifle hunter I use my CZ varmint with kevlar stock, harris brs bipod, millet mounts, leupold 8.5-25x50 XVIII w/ varmint hunter rec., deben tracer pro max lamp on the scope with dimmer switch. calling by mouth , but looking into an electronic caller and american eagle 50gr. hollow points. This rig is good for walking out. but if Iam feeling lazy a honda 250 2 w/d quad with a lightforce 240 blitz lamp with red filter and on the dimmer does the trick.

Fairplay lad now thats a nice wee set up, watch out foxy when fish slapped is about:D. Iv only tried the american eagle FMJ so far on mine and she seems to like it not bad for 10.50 a box got some american eagle hollow points today for 14 quid will give them a try over the weekend. Like that scope of yours as well fish slapped, leupold sent us out a catalog there a few weeks back some nice optics..I have a Lightforce Rifle Scope Mounted RMSM170 but am going to hold off using it till I get some new optics that zos is just to heavy to be adding a lamp to it..

• Advertisement

Just gett'n back in after a night out with mr foxy. 4 foxes and a jumbo breakfast roll. have to hit the bed early tonight as I'm heading for kilala at 5:30 in the morn fish'n.

My son and I go out together lamping. He has a CZ 223 harris 13-27 bi-pod, Nikko nighter 6-24x56 scope @10-12 zoom, Lightforce 170 amber filter. He found it to be to heavy and took off the bi-pod and lamp.
    I now do the lamping he does the shooting. Rest on what ever you can for the shot, usally the field gate. shot about 25 foxes since mid June.

Just gett'n back in after a night out with mr foxy. 4 foxes and a jumbo breakfast roll. have to hit the bed early tonight as I'm heading for kilala at 5:30 in the morn fish'n.

Ah fishslapped you must of got one of the new jumbo jumbo breakfast rolls, its two rabbits two foxes did you get free red sauce with that :P:P

clivej wrote: »
    My son and I go out together lamping. He has a CZ 223 harris 13-27 bi-pod, Nikko nighter 6-24x56 scope @10-12 zoom, Lightforce 170 amber filter. He found it to be to heavy and took off the bi-pod and lamp.
    I now do the lamping he does the shooting. Rest on what ever you can for the shot, usally the field gate. shot about 25 foxes since mid June.

Thanks clive it just shows you how many of the red fellas are about.. How does your son fell the harris bi pod when it is at full length , am thinking along that lines or maybe some shooting sticks

Ah fishslapped you must of got one of the new jumbo jumbo breakfast rolls, its two rabbits two foxes did you get free red sauce with that :P:P
    Red sauce = homebrew!!!!!!! there's a bit of a kick in that sauce!;)

Thanks clive it just shows you how many of the red fellas are about.. How does your son fell the harris bi pod when it is at full length , am thinking along that lines or maybe some shooting sticks

He was able to use it OK at the full 27" length. But it was all the extra weight at the end just made it to heavy to carry around, sort of top heavy.
    I made myself a pair of shooting sticks for the 22lr it was the right height when kneelling took bunnies out @100m with them. Really steady's up the rifle for the longer shots, I woundn't hit the side of a bus without the sticks.

Advertisement