Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - any way to test noise on the cable?

Options
  • 26-08-2008 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

I'm having issues with by 10Mb connection from UPC. It seems to be dropping connections to sites: videos and audio clips stop after a few seconds and will not start again unless I refresh the page, and I keep getting logged out of gmail chat.

I rang UPC about it today and they said there was noise on the line and they'd fix it asap, is there anyway I can test this myself to see if they've done anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

go to 192.168.100.1 and it will give ur line stats

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

What should the stats be? This is what it says in mine:

Receive Power Level 10.1 dBmV

Transmit Power Level 45.5 dBmV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

There is a specific power range that your modem should be between. I'm not sure what it is for UPC, you'd have to speak to them and ask them. But in either case, it doesn't matter. There is nothing you can do to remedy it. Just leave it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Those power levels are fine jimogr. It could be a problem somewhere else on their network.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Thanks, I'll see how they get on - no change yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement