Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Considering an Alarm

Options
  • 26-08-2008 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Hey lads.

I'm considering getting an alarm installed on my old corolla. Just wondering if anyone could recommend a good place to get it done. Also, what price should I expect to pay?

Are there different types of car alarms? I'm not up to speed on all that stuff.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Id say you'd expect to pay around €500 for an alarm. As always open to correction! But they do cost a wee bit. Its a good middle figure that would include fitting.

Always worth having them fitted i think!
    A Steering lock can be a good deteriant too though. As always keep stuff out of sight. I don't know any good fitters but the yellow pages/indo directory is good for finding them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

womoma wrote: »
    Hey lads.

I'm considering getting an alarm installed on my old corolla. Just wondering if anyone could recommend a good place to get it done. Also, what price should I expect to pay?

Are there different types of car alarms? I'm not up to speed on all that stuff.

Thanks for any advice.

Is it worth getting an alarm?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Around €300-ish is the going rate if you go into a place and ask for a car alarm. If you want additional sensors etc. start to add to that. Don't look on ebay and see cheap ones and think you can get them fitted here. Most fitters won't touch stuff they can't guarantee and stand over. THere's a guy on here 'eireal' I think who does them and by all reports does a good job.

EDIT - www.incar.ie is his website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Thanks for all the replys. Very helpful. Massey- Ill check out that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How old is the Corolla, if it's pre 1997, you should get an immobiliser fitted too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Toad C2 Alarm System with ultrasonic sensors.

The Toad C2 a full featured alarm system.Standard feature include
    :- 2 key fob transmitters
    .- Perimeter switch protection
    .- Ultrasonic interior sensors
    .- Auto lock/unlock with ignition
    .- Central locking interface
    .- Single circuit immobiliser
    .- Passive arm/Intelligent re-arm
    .- Smart siren
    .- Distress alert
    .- indicator flash
    .- smart LED and siren

List Price €280

DTD Price €250 Supplied and fitted

from www.incar.ie

Toad A850 upgrade alarm.
    The Toad A850 is an alarm upgrade system allowing you to utilise your existing car central locking / immobiliser remote control key fob,reccomended for cars that come with an immobilisor as stock.

Features include ultrasonics,
    .- Thatcham CAT2 Upgrade
    .- single circuit immobiliser,
    .- perimeter protection (doors, bonnet, boot),
    .- intelligent re-arm and passive arm,
    .- indicator flash, smart LED and siren,
    .- pager/accessories output.

DTD Price €240 Supplied and fitted

from www.incar.ie again

or

Built to the highest standards the Sniper X1 is one of the most affordable security systems available whilst also offering comprehensive protection against vehicle theft or intrusion. The X1 is a fully upgradeable alarm system providing excellent security with two stage shock sensor, door, boot and bonnet protection, engine immobiliser and flashing warning LED plus a host of extra features normally only found on much more expensive systems.

Two Stage Protection: The two stage shock sensor allows the X1 to protect your vehicle before a break-in has even occurred. A light knock or bang will sound 3 chirps to warn the potential thief that the vehicle is alarmed. A heavier attack will sound the alarm's attention grabbing 6 tone siren.

2 x remote control transmitters with blue LED
    120dB 6 tone siren
    2 stage shock sensor with warn off
    Bonnet protection
    Universal remote central locking
    Engine immobiliser
    Passive arming

Passive door locking
    Boot release output
    Arm/Disarm confirmation chirps
    Silent arm/disarm facility
    Flashes hazard lights on arm, disarm and alarm activation