Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA - how its works?

• 26-08-2008 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi there!
    I'm really interested to have ACCA qualification. But I just cant find any good information about how its works...
    This year I'm beginning studies in business in ITB (higher certificate, 2years)
    But to not waste any time I want study something extra...
    I`m thinking about ACCA, because next school, where I want to study is RSM and I need to have good CV to go there.
    My questions are:
    What is about this modules? I need to go through all of them?
    I saw them on websites like 15.
    9 of F modules, and couple of P modules..
    What I need to do to get ACCA cert?
    How long takes to get ACCA cert?
    I`m just 22, can i still apply, to do ACCA?
    Did anybody know, how many ECTS Credits give 1 ACCA module (cert) ??
    If i will study in distance learning way, did they put information on my cert, that i did it like that?
    Have a nice day, and thanks for any replies,
    Bart :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭shewasoctober

Personally, at 22 y/o, I wouldn't have gone for the Higher Diploma. It's nearly pointless, especially if you want to become ACCA certified. Plus, I'm not sure that you would receive any exemption, or at least enough to make it worth it. At 22 you qualify as a mature student, so you could've started with the Fundamentals level (papers F1-F4). You need to keep in mind that you have to have 3 years of training as well as pass all exams before becoming certified. Also, most firms/practices will pay for you registration, course, and exam fees. Typically, you get hired as a trainee, working full time and getting paid usually no less than €16k in Dublin.

If you are serious about this, then you should go to the ACCA office and talk to someone. Also, by completing the requirements for qualification you can also receive a BSc (Hon) in Applied Accounting through a UK University. You just have to complete a project/thesis on top of the qualification requirements. Then you would also hold a recognised 4 year degree. Plus, the ACCA qualification is recognised by HETAC as a Masters Degree (level 9). In the end, you would be ACCA qualified (recognised as a Masters degree by HETAC), have an officially recognised 4 year degree from a UK University and have gotten paid experience with all fees paid by the end of it all. One could typically finish in 3.5-4 years, if all exams are passed on first sitting or the retake sitting of the same semester.

I would check out the ACCA website and contact someone at the ACCA. It is too late to register for courses and sit the December exams, but there are more courses offered second semester with exams in June. Note: You must register with the ACCA before registering for any of their courses.

Best of luck. Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Do you have to register just to sit the exams?

Is there a deadline for F1 and F2? I heard you can do them anytime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭shewasoctober

You may register as a student with the ACCA at any time; however, you need to be registered as a student before you can register to sit an exam. There are registration deadlines to sit exams. There are two exam cycles; you can sit up to 4 exams in each:
    June cycle - 1 February to 31 July (including the June paper-based exam session)
    December cycle - 1 August to 31 January (including the December paper-based exam session).

Each cycle has a deadline. There is also a deadline to apply for exemptions prior to sitting exams, which is usually 1-2 months earlier than the deadline for exam registration.

Here is the link the the ACCA Qualification Important Dates.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Advertisement