Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to the east!!

Options
  • 27-08-2008 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Like the title said im sick of life here in the Mid West and am considering well Dublin or London..

However im just not sure what to do, Im only 17 and while im in full time work now getting about 350 euro a week, Im just wondering how much should I have going up there.

Also accomidation? Im not too crazy on sharing a house with older people tbh, id drag a friend up but there all dry balls, im up for an adventure time to live my life yano??

And finally work, while I know Work aint easy to get i really will be worried to go up there just to look for a job basically anything ill be happy.
    Im going to either place for Acting really and as long as I can support myself as I get auditions ill be happy.

Im ready to take the leap but just need some help! And what do ye think Dublin or London?? Any help will be appreciated!! sound :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

At 17 you have your whole life ahead of you. I moved to Dublin at 23 cause I was sick of life down West. However I would advise not moving somewhere without a job/training course/college course lined up. I would give Dublin a try first before London. Be warned it is expensive much more since when I came up.At least you have the option of returning home easily enough. I went to England at 18 but also had a job lined up. I would not have gone otherwise.
    You probably will end up house/flatsharing as it's the cheapest option. I ended up sharing with older people and we came good friends. After our landlord hiked our rent up we all left and got another house together. You will need a deposit for accommodation and I would have at least 3 months rent on me as well as money for food/transport etc.
    If you don't try it you won't know what you missed and might always regret it. If it doesn't work out you can always go home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Don't think we can relaly add to what Sundew just said. Good luck, anyway.

Advertisement