Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hacked Account

Options
  • 27-08-2008 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I noticed that a post was made (in my name) in the "Farming and Forestry" forum tonight. I never made this post:mad:. How do I go about finding out who hacked my account?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Were you on Boards on a public computer and forgot to log out?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

no, I have only used my own PC and only I have access to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Firstly - if you have not already done so, you should change your password.

It is not possible to tell who "hacked" your account, perhaps they guessed your password, maybe they used a brute force attack - what ever the reason, making a post in the farming and forestry forum seems an odd use to make of a "hacked" account.

Does a post in that forum have any significance to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

I was thinking it is an odd place for a hacker to post too.
    My password is VERY strong and there is no way in hell that anyone guessed it. And no, that forum has no significance to me.
    The only thing that I can think of is that maybe someone created an account with the same user name as me and inherited my details.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

It is not possible to create an account with the same user name.

• Advertisement
Advertisement