Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo Movie Discussion thread

Options
  • 27-08-2008 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

theres a lot of talk about the halo movie over the internet and im suprised there hasnt been much here.
    Anyway, theres a few rumours going round and theres very little confirmed about it, it was supposed to be cancelled but is due release in 2009.
    What are peoples opinions on the movie and is it animated or real life nobodys sure but there a youtube video apparently showing the first 8 minutes of the film so check it out

Discuss

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

noboy intertested? ah well, check up the first eight minutes on youtube anyway, its pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Thought it was cancelled no? Peter jackson was meant to direct but pissed away too much money on pre production apparently. Or so ive been told.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

All very hush hush over on bungie.net anyway. Any links to that vid? Think I seen it already though.

here's the video. hopefully the link will work

Afaik, there was a rumour that it had been cancelled but have since been denied, but i think the movie was supposed to come out in 2008 but was delayed because of money problems and is due for release in 2009 but theres so much speculation and very little confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Oman wrote: »
    here's the video. hopefully the link will work

Afaik, there was a rumour that it had been cancelled but have since been denied, but i think the movie was supposed to come out in 2008 but was delayed because of money problems and is due for release in 2009 but theres so much speculation and very little confirmed

That intro looks very fan made, but the content itself is part of that documentary thing that was done for discovery channel.

Either way, last I heard Peter Jackson was working on something with WETA that wasn't related to Halo, which probably means the franchise is on the floor as far as a movie goes, for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

That intro looks very fan made
    What are you saying?! Baby blue Comic Sans is all the rage at Hollywood these days!

And yar, I'd reckon this movie is fairly in development Hell for the moment. Depending on how the Gears movie does, I reckon it's going to stay there. Maybe Halo Wars or GearBox's rumored Halo 4 could speed things up a little too, but God knows.

i think its fan made as well, the credits just look so simple.
    Its hard to know whats going on with the movie, i hope its cgi but its probably real actors and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

id love to see a film, i seen some of the other short film versions too... also looked cool, but an actuall full production film would be amazing, id probably cry a little

that thing on youtube is a bunch of clips that were released a while ago, with the big extra long intro! ive read that tihng about the film aaaaaages ago, it wud be great

Advertisement