Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wwe talent, bad attitude towards fans?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

And yes VR it was the same night I meet Orlando Jordon in the jacks!! :D

That wasn't the disturbing part Woody, the disturbing part was that you had your photograph taken with him in the jacks. Anyone can run into anyone in a public toilet, but you gotta admit, it is an odd place to capitalise on a photo opportunity.

... not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you ;)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

That wasn't the disturbing part Woody, the disturbing part was that you had your photograph taken with him in the jacks. Anyone can run into anyone in a public toilet, but you gotta admit, it is an odd place to capitalise on a photo opportunity.

... not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you ;)
    VR!

Not like you see a wrestler every day of the week so I said I would try get a pic as I might never see the guy again. Sorry I did now. LOL :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Not like you see a wrestler every day of the week so I said I would try get a pic as I might never see the guy again. Sorry I did now. LOL :P

You couldn't wait until he left the jax? :confused:
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

You couldn't wait until he left the jax? :confused:
    VR!

The question on everyone's lips though must be did you wash your hands first? Or more pertinetly did HE? You'd never know where fruity ole OJ's had those hands!:eek:

rovert wrote: »
    Has anyone met CM Punk? Is he fan friendy? Id really like to know this.

I post on an american wrasslin forum where a lot of people go to WWE events and such. The recurring comment is usually:

"CM Punk's a prick"

So ive heard that more than enough times. Apparently hes good at signings,
    but doesnt have time for fans elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

when i worked for a Smackdown show a few years back in san diego, got pictures with angle,cena,billy gunn & torrie wilson...didnt have any issues, even talked to cena in the 'lavatory' and got the whole 'man i love ireeeland' when i said i was from there....suprisingly it was the divas who were bitches at that show, trish completly blanked me

year after at a raw show outside new york, small arena comin back in from snack place and lillian was walkin by and i stopped and looked at her, next min got shoved by that pirck of a Maven tellin me to get out of it, ignorant b*stard!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭steod

Met Cena and Torrie back in 05,it was at the hmv grafton street signing so not sure it really counts but Cena came across a real gent.
    I had brought a Torrie Wilson poster for the signing and handed it to the assistant who handed it to Cena. He looked at me then looked at the poster and back at me and said man i cant blame you, i wont ruin it and will just sign it up in the corner so Torrie has plenty of room.
    A nice bit of self depricating humour, he asked if we were going to the show later and hoped we would have fun. A sexy wink from Torrie too (one of about 500 given by her that day i would say). ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

This is slightly off topic but after reading an interview by Lanny Poffo aka. "The Genius" (see picture below) I decided to go to his website.

He has a children's poetry book at a pretty cheap price and given my line of work, I thought for the hell of it I'd buy it.

So I ordered it yesterday and woke up to find an e-mail from him asking me would I like it signed and what message to put on the book. I never requested this.

Anyway, we've exchanged a couple of e-mails since then (explaining why I wanted the book and such) and he comes across so friendly and enthusiastic, it's almost hard to get rid of him!

Maybe he has someone doing the order for him but I just thought I'd share it.

EDIT: New e-mail from Lanny. He's sending me out his other book free of charge! Here's his site. I feel he deserves a plug: http://www.lannypoffo.com/

lanny.jpg

Ask him if he can have Randy sign it too then you are getting some where hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

steod wrote: »
    A nice bit of self depricating humour, he asked if we were going to the show later and hoped we would have fun. A sexy wink from Torrie too (one of about 500 given by her that day i would say). ;)

:eek:NO WAY!!!I thought that I was the only one that she winked at lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Met Michael Cole in the Marriott after Mania 24, well he was at the bar bitching to Kerwin Selfies that he only got to commentate on 2 matches at the ppv (one of which was the ****ing main event!) my cousin asked for a quick pic and he said no, hes incredibly plastic looking in real life, Selfies on the other hand was a gent to talk to, he even went off to get one of the camera crew to ask us a few questions about how far we travelled for the event but she'd left for her room :( , met Mick Foley in Universal Studios the day after Raw he was with his kids, didnt stop him and ask for a pic but he did slap our hands as he walked past, people really need to realise that wrestlers are people too, they have every right to be in a pissy mood in airports and hotels so if they say no to a pic or autograph people have no right to say they're pricks or whatever, they've probably had 50 people that day do the exact same thing, yeah being in the public eye it comes with the job , we saw JR and his wife picking up their bags in the Orlando airport and this bunch of idiots ran up to him and started bugging him and you could tell he was well pissed (hes huge in real life too) saw him again later waiting for a limo and i just said "hey JR" to which i got a "whats up kid", that was kinda cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

I met JR in Orlando Airport after Mania 24 and the guy was a complete cock. He didn't appreciate my comments after he was a complete prick and we nearly came to blows oh and his head is twice the size it is on TV

I've met Chris Masters and he's an absolute gentleman

Gangrel was also a class bloke and such a gentle guy for a wrestler

Chris Jericho was also super nice when we met outside bruxelles and he wanted to know everything about Phil lynott

I met Chris Benoit at Mania 22 and he picked a row with my mate for nothing if we had only known then what we know now

I met Gregory Helms and my mate complemented him on a match and he was a complete cock to him so I told him a thing or two

I met Triple H at a signing in Chicago and he was having a bad day until I presented him with a sledgehammer to sign and he nearly pucked with the laughter

I met Goldust at Mania 22 and he was great his John Wayne impression is great

I met Chavo at Mania 22 and considering the whole Eddie thing was still fresh he was super nice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    I met Triple H at a signing in Chicago and he was having a bad day until I presented him with a sledgehammer to sign and he nearly pucked with the laughter

WHAT!

Did bring it home on the plane with you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

haha that's deadly. class idea.

I've met tons of them over the years. most really sound for the most part.
    highlights would be...

Eddie Guerrero in Belfast before a smackdown show...
    was out the back with a few people where the wrestlers were arriving and he came over to us from the other side of a metal fence and chatted and signed for everyone. he was really funny and a nice guy, it was weird how his american accent differs from his staged one. He made a joke, while getting a photo with a kid how "y'know, this isnt the first time I've had my photo taken when I was behind bars". he then went round checking that he'd signed everything for everyone. class act.

Jericho after the fozzy gig in belfast was great too. His roadies had asked if they could borrow the cardboard cutout of him that the girl i was with had in her car boot. They then went and brought it inside to rip the piss outta him cos the cutout was taller than he was. He came out then and chatted for a long time with us... he'd just got The Rise And Fall of ECW dvd and they were gona watch it in the tourbus that night. He signed cds and belts etc..and took photos and again, went round and actually asked people if there was anymore things that they wanted signed. Fozzy and Stuck Mojo guitarist, Rich Ward was a brilliant guy to chat to aswell, as I've been a fan of him since the 90s... he talked about how his ex-wife used to work for wCw and how much of a sham it was.. lol. He got to talkin about Jerry Lynn and how he was one of his best mates.. then he took out his phone and was aout to ring him up for the laugh before realising the time difference and how he might be asleep...

Met RVD when he came out into the lobby in the odessy in belfast in full wrestling attire.. he was dead cool. Altho he had to be cos there was a film crew there. I was right beside him, as a group of about 30 or so people crowded round. he pointed to the camera on the stairs beside us and asked "hey everyone.. let's tell these people who the best wrestler in the WWe is?" and we all do the R-V-D taunt.. with Van Dam putting one arm around me :) it ended up on tv, which was cool.

I think the nicest guy I've met though, was Rico. met him twice in belfast... one where he came out to the lobby like rvd, in full gear and make-up.. lol and signed and chatted with people. the second time was the next day where he talked to us for a long time about an article he had in the magazine I'd asked him to sign. He was so nice to all the fans, so I was annoyed he got the boot soon afterwards.

other cool people were.. Cena, Angle, Trish, Torrie, Billy Gunn.

not so nice.. mainly for ingnoring fans were.. Bob Holly, JBL, Mysterio and Taker to name a few

would love to meet.. Funaki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Rico is supposed to be sound alright..Hope he isnt too sound though ;)

I can imagine Mysterio is a bit of a donk alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I met JR in Orlando Airport after Mania 24 and the guy was a complete cock. He didn't appreciate my comments after he was a complete prick and we nearly came to blows oh and his head is twice the size it is on TV

How do you mean? Is that an exaggeration or did you just tantalise him that much?
    I met Chris Benoit at Mania 22 and he picked a row with my mate for nothing if we had only known then what we know now

A row over what?
    I met Gregory Helms and my mate complemented him on a match and he was a complete cock to him so I told him a thing or two

What did you say to him?

Sorry for asking you to reiterate so much of your post, :) its just i get the feeling there is some great storys lying under these comments youve made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

would love to meet.. Funaki

lol, met him at a hotel in Dublin in 2006 and he was sound. He was inside in the lobby while we were outside and when he looked outside we did the 'number 1 announcer' and he smiled and waved. Met him after then as he went to the bus and he was more than happy to sign an autograph and pose for a photo with my brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

the day after summerslam we were flyin outta summerslam and who should we see but shawn michaels and his family, his wife and kids, it was weird as his limo pulled up beside us as we were gettin out of our car, he walked ahead of us to the terminal then went to the same checkin desk, then we went to the gate and he was in the same area!
    i plucked up the courage to ask for a photo and he was like 'eh not today man'
    i couldnt believe it as earlier he had taken a photo with someone else,
    i just put it to him havin a bad day or somethin, but i felt like an idiot for askin and him sayin no!

Maybe it was because he was with his family, hes on the road all the time and doesn't get to see them alot he probably wanted to spend time with them away from WWE.

Advertisement