Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repeating 2nd year

• 27-08-2008 2:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the story is with the fee's for repeats? I'll have to repeat 2nd year this year, as I failed a few exams, and I have no idea how this all goes?

I didn't even turn up for a couple for various reason and I'm wondering if that will have any affect or will it just be put down as a fail?

I was never in last year and I know I have to repeat, I wasnt to repeat, cause I don't have any idea what went on all year!

Help?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I assume then your not doing the repeats that have been on over the last week or so?!

I know I paid appox. €1,028.40 to repeat second year myself (have the receipt :P) which I assume is just the standard registration fee.

If you dont turn up for an exam your marked down as asbsent. But none of that matters if your repeating second year.

I dont think you automatically repeat second year - I had to spead to the head of my course who arranged for me to repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭W1llz0rz

Sully wrote: »
    I assume then your not doing the repeats that have been on over the last week or so?!

I know I paid appox. €1,028.40 to repeat second year myself (have the receipt :P) which I assume is just the standard registration fee.

If you dont turn up for an exam your marked down as asbsent. But none of that matters if your repeating second year.

I dont think you automatically repeat second year - I had to spead to the head of my course who arranged for me to repeat.

Ah nice one man. And is the €1,028.40 including the reg fee or is that seperate again? That's not so bad. I was havign a heart attack cause I thought I'd have to pay full fee's!

Thanks mate!!! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Thats all I had to pay to repeat 2nd year and the receipt was for "Registration Fees" for second year so.. I would guess that is correct :) Not sure if it varies per course? Also, that was for four subjects (didn't repeat them all) - but I think its the same charge regardless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭W1llz0rz

Ok well I've to repeat 6 cause I made a balls of the year but at least its not all 12 anyway, hehe! Thanks for the info anyway man, hopefully it will cost me about the same as you anyway!

I dont get a grant and Im gonna be moving out this year so if it was much more I'd be mega fupped! Haha!

Thanks again!

Advertisement