Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millionaires Draw on RTE - not a fix ?? !!

Options
  • 27-08-2008 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭

Am I just getting cynical in my old age or was there not something suspicious with the Millionaire draw featured on RTE last night, in the middle of the Rose of Tralee ? All afternoon on 2fm Derek Mooney was telling the people of Kerry to go to Tralee and bring their tickets with them. Then, miraculously, a Millionaire’s winning ticket was actually sold in Tralee !!! That seems to have been just too much of a coincidence, and now I’m glad I didn’t buy a ticket. Surely, if they do it again (and they said it was a success) we will just need to check the alleged draw date against a calendar and try and guess where RTE might turn up, and buy our tickets there, to improve our chances !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

So if it coincides with All Ireland Final Day don't buy your ticket in Meath?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭jacool

yeah, something like that.
    The whole draw was crap in that it was not actually a "live" draw. They had photographs from all the shops which had sold the big winners. If I am to throw my money away on a lottery, I like to see the draw take place. It looks more open and above board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

well I live in tralee and I was hoping for a fix!:D as I bought one:(
    although |I would question that there was only 300,000 tickets sold,
    is there any way to actually check how many tickets were sold??
    ya ya ya ,maybe just a litle sour grapes!

I mean there were only supposed to be 300,000 tickets sold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

The oul lad bought 2 here in Tallaght.... AND WE WON! Okay not really.

Ficks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭jacool

this part was true because they gave the starting AND finishing numbers and all tickets had to be between those numbers.
    I expected to see six spinning wheels with each revealing a winning number so that when the sixth wheel was spinning, ten people would be thinking "Ohmigod, it could be me !!"
    Naive - ah well
    BBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ! (my DM impersonation!!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement