Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place to buy herbs and spices

• 27-08-2008 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy herbs and spices:confused: I really want to get into cooking so want to stock up.Dunnes and Tesco seem awfully expensive. Thanks for any help.

Btw,i'm in dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

I like the Oriental Emporium on Abbey Street (I think) for spices. Not sure about their selection of herbs though (particularly fresh herbs).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Yes the asian shops are always the best.

- one on Mary St (a bit further down & opposite the Church pub).
    - one called Madina on Parnell St, near the entrance to the Ilac Centre
    - one on George's St - I think its between Dunnes & Hogans
    - one on Drury St (facing the Georges St arcade with Powerscourt SC behind you, it's down to the right
    - one on Richmond St South (the top of Camden St, a little street into the left.

They're waay cheaper than Tesco/Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

what you could think of doing is getting pots of herbs plants, they are fairly cheap and will grow in little or no space.

You should be able to get them for between €1.50 and €4 a pot and they grow for as long as you look after them. I saw a couple of different ones in Lidl lately.

On my balcony I have Dill, Orageno, Rosemary, thyme and parsley.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Cool thanks for the help everyone. I'll make a list and pop into the asian shop. I'll also have a look out for plant herbs. Sounds like a cool idea but hope i'll be able to look after them cos all my other plants die. :eek:

Advertisement