Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think Darnell's behaviour has cost him his place in the final?

Options
  • 27-08-2008 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

Up until last night, I liked Darnell.
    He has always been hung up on how he looks and how people see him.
    Then he goes and calls Sara unattractive and not good looking to her face.
    It was mean and he knows it, i'm sure that he knows what it feels like to be deemed unattractive and be told it.
    It was dig after dig after dig at Sara last night.
    I know Rex was doing it aswel but Rex was doing it in jest and he did apologise and see if she was ok.
    I think Darnell is still p*ssed off about the whole bed incident a few weeks ago.
    Also when she was in the diary room and he was saying she was ugly that was quite annoying seeing as he hates people judging him! He is a bit of a hypocrite.
    I officially don't like him anymore.

I heard on BBBM that the odds on Darnell winning have dropped since that argument.
    I don't know if it has lost him is place in the final but I think it has certainly dented it or decreased his chances of winning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

darnell was an absolute b*stard on last nights show. regardless of how you feel about someone you dont sit there & tell them seriously to their face that theyre an "ugly bitch" - which she isnt anyway! i wouldnt call her stunning but i DEFINITELY would not call her ugly. he was acting like a bully & i dont think his apparent paranoia is any excuse for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

Officially can't stand him now... he was one of my favourites at one stage but his attitude sucks, Sara deserves his place in the final after all she's put up with from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

To call Sara an ugly bitch several times, for repeating it to the group is really low. But then to go on and call her the biggest slut in the house is IMO the lowest. To be quite hoinest the guy needs a slap and I am surprised that no one pulled him up on it last night.

He must feel like **** as he was rejected by some one he thinks is ugly and a slut! Dented pride or not, the guy has lost the plot and his chance of winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Not to mention he also said she looks like Ratatouille, Disney movie about the rat I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

I had hoped he'd get to the final but after last night I'll vote him out the first opportunity I get. What he did last night was disgraceful... totally childish and lashing out but in a way that was totally unacceptable. He'll also have a tough interview on the back of last night.

I was also suprised no one pulled him on it last night... poor poor form

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Huggles wrote: »
    Not to mention he also said she looks like Ratatouille, Disney movie about the rat I think!

Yeah exactly.

I just wish that, you know when Big Bro called her into the diary room to ask her if she was ok?
    It sounded like Big Bro really wanted to punish Darnell and only for Sara saying she could handle it, I think Big Brother would have punished him under the grounds of bullying behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Darnell has spent most of his time in the house worrying
    and fretting about what the public think of him , well he has good reason to now.
    To be that paranoid about public opinion and to then turn to another housemate and call them ugly and a slut is beyond my comprehension.
    Darnell has serious issues about how he looks , but l think he should worry more about what's on the inside.:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jusme

Darnell....he's a total twot. He's paranoid about people not being genuine. Telling Kat she was putting on a show for the cameras on Friday night...only sitting with Sarah for 'limelight'...eh...has anyone told him he's on a show? Cameras everywhere? he is pissed off about Sarah dumping him, but he went WAAYYY over the top last night. he won't win now, not that i thought he would anyway. He's too paranoid and he's like Dale, a lot of talking but not really saying anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭SuperStarHoney

The guy has serious issues. I've thought that for quite a while now and couldn't believe he was one of the favourites to win. He's definitely ruined his chances now and thank god as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I still want him to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

The guy ate a tube of toothpaste. He's borderline insane.

I wouldn't put it past him to be doing it on purpose so that he will definately get boos because then he can say "ah yea I got boo's for being a prick to sara, it's not that they don't like my personality (which would be the biggest disaster of his life) it's they are pissed off that I was mean to her".

C4 Website:

Head of House lets Darnell call the shots...

Sara's got needs...
    After Mohamed and Rex refused to share their cigarettes this morning, a nicotine-starved Sara was already feeling blue when the conversation turned to the shopping list.
    "I wanna get dry-cleaning," Mohamed announced to the group, with Michael and Darnell agreeing that this was a good idea. "Can I get face wipes instead of dry-cleaning?" requested Sara. "My face is gonna be absolutely disgusting."

Darnell instantly ruled on Mohamed's behalf. "No face-wipes. Don't do exchanges, Mo. I'm not getting dry-cleaning and I don't want anything."
    "OK. No exchanges," Mohamed told Sara obediently.
    "That's really not fair," replied Sara, shaking her head. "Rex has got face-wipes," Mohamed told her. "Are you ignoring me, Sara?"

"Yeah, because I don't wanna talk about it, because I'm getting upset," was the sad response.
    "You're getting upset," repeated the Head of House, looking amused.
    "Mo, stop talking to me please," said Sara, looking exasperated. "Stop it."
    But Darnell couldn't resist having the last word about the shopping list: "I've never asked for anything, dude. Ever." Yes, Darnell is a selfless, selfless soul...

This guy will never learn.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

He might make the final but I can't see him winning now.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

I hope he gets booed.. Was never a fan but now he's just totally lost it.. If he had said that to anyone else they'd have broken down totally.. It was 100% out of line and I hope BB have taken him up on his behaviour..

DS SITE :

Darnell tried to explain his recent behaviour in the early hours of this morning.

Speaking to Kathreya and Rachel in the garden, he revealed that it wasn't about the housemates but the situations.

"The names don't mean ****," he said. "Every situation I look at, it's: 'Oh ****, is that how it would work in the real world?'"

He continued: "How it's been in the house is how it's been in the past. How can I expect the future to be different?"

Darnell went on to say that he didn't mind not having things, but the reason he didn't have them bothered him. Referring to Sara, he continued: " As a person she's cool , but as far as romance l don't rate her that high.And because l don't rate her that high , l think: 'So why can't l have that ?'"

He argued: "That's why I get mad. It's not 'cos I can't, it's why I can't. And I look at myself and think: 'That's bull****.' The reasons I can't are out of my control."

He added that the house rubbed his face in it as the other group members took things such as driving for granted.

"That's why everything I argue about is so petty," he sighed. "I'm thinking about something else."

lf they show half of what Darnell is saying he is in for a
    rough time of it.:(:rolleyes:
    He really doesn't know when to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

saw that last night, he was basically saying "if u cant have something...like say for example ur getting married, and u want the wedding dress, bu ur too fat, u can lose the weight. I cant change why i cant have stuff"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

So basically he is saying that because he is albino he cant have a girlfriend, jesus. The reason he cant have a gf is because of his monstrous persecution complex is a huuuuuuuge turn off.
    zuroph wrote: »
    saw that last night, he was basically saying "if u cant have something...like say for example ur getting married, and u want the wedding dress, bu ur too fat, u can lose the weight. I cant change why i cant have stuff"

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭neosmaster

OMG.....I can't even listen to Darnell's meaningless rants anymore...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I've lost all respect for him this last week the way he's being treating Sara...

If I was in that house she would def be my best friend in there......
    And she is sooooooo cute all ya want to do is give her a huge hug:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

There is still a few twist and turns to go before the final so we will see who is out and who is in.

What he done lastnight was bad but he has done alot of good in the house because this is so fresh in peoples face they kind of forget the good he has done.

As for me i still like him, i weigh up all the good against the bad and for me its positives for Darnell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jusme

I sat here for a few minutes pondering all the good that Darnell has done in the house...'friad you'll have to remind me. I can't honestly remember. Well there was that time he went mad about the spitting incident but he made a bit of an ass of himself then too. He had a point just went about it the wrong way. and not so sure it wasn't for effect. He was a terrible head of house aswell.

I think he's just showing his true colours now. He has a chip on his shoulder about life and what it throws at him.

Rachael will win I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Darnell is a legend and that needs to be said.

Of course what he said wasnt great, but the poor guy has been blown off by her and needs to vent somehow.

He is easily the coolest guy in the house. The night that Rex and Nicole were arguing and him and Moe were about to walk into the room, he just stopped and goes..

"Oh man this is gonna suck!!"

I hope he wins and has a good career singing/rapping. Best housemate since Pete. Better actually because he is more social than Pete

Sarah is a simpleton. Nice but simple. Not perfect what Darnell said to her, but not the end of the world. He's still god in my book. :D

I feel a barrage of rotton eggs coming my way.. :pac:

Darnell is a legend and that needs to be said.

Of course what he said wasnt great, but the poor guy has been blown off by her and needs to vent somehow.

He is easily the coolest guy in the house. The night that Rex and Nicole were arguing and him and Moe were about to walk into the room, he just stopped and goes..

"Oh man this is gonna suck!!"

I hope he wins and has a good career singing/rapping. Best housemate since Pete. Better actually because he is more social than Pete

Sarah is a simpleton. Nice but simple. Not perfect what Darnell said to her, but not the end of the world. He's still god in my book. :D

I feel a barrage of rotton eggs coming my way.. :pac:

* Goes to the fridge for eggs.*:D:pac:

I understand what yer saying about Darnell and my only problem with him really is that it's annoying how much he talks about himself and situations. If he did it a little bit it would be ok but I feel like changing the channel every time he gets into one of his rants (which is every day). I don't not like him for what he said to sara but because he's just not likeable anymore in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

he called her an ugly b***h..... who is he to judge appearence?!

now i wouldnt have said that, only because he said what he said.

Yea but he's not judging her appearance. He's trying to have a go at her. He doesn't think she's an ugly bitch, he's making stuff up so he can feel better about her not liking him.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Viewers complain after Rex and Darnell "bully" Sara

Ofcom has received a number of complaints following last night's Big Brother, with viewers complaining that Darnell's, and to a lesser extent, Rex's behaviour towards Sara was unacceptable. heatworld was watching last night (of course) and we have to agree that it was all pretty uncomfortable. Rex stirred it all up, when he started questioning Sara about how many people she'd slept with while they were sitting in the ashtray. Although it was clear he thought he was being funny, he clearly wasn't. In any way. Poor Sara was stunned into almost silence – which is a rare thing – and then Rex made it all a thousand times worse by fetching Darnell to "be sympathetic". Watching the two of them stand over her and make nasty remarks was bad enough, but then Darnell felt the need to call her an "ugly bitch" and later, he even referred to her as a "slut".

Now, we all know that Darnell is behaving like this because he STILL hasn't got over the fact that Sara fancied Stu and not him, but to Sara it's all a bit bewildering because Darnell insists on talking in riddles all the time. Last night he tried to explain his treatment of Sara to the other housemates, saying, "The names don't mean ****. She [Sara] is cool, but as far as romance I don't rate her that high. And because I don't rate her that high, I think: 'So why can't I have that?'" Charming!

Darnell says he blames the way he looks for the fact he can find love *takes out world's smallest violin* and that because he thinks Sara is an "ugly bitch", he thinks he should be able to have her. Erm, WHAT? Who does he think he is?! Darnell has gone from being a potential winner to someone that makes us want to switch over, and we were cheering at the TV last night when Sara told him how paranoid he was. What did you think of last night's show? Do you have any sympathy for Darnell? Don't hold back...

http://www.heatworld.com/Article/Channel/Big+Brother/6974/Darnell+/Viewers+complain+after+Rex+and+Darnell+%22bully%22+Sara

Will take a massive turnaround for Darnell to win. To get caught up in such a controvery at this stage of the game is basically sealing your own fate.

It happened to Slik Vic over the Wedding task and what
    followed and pretty much turned the tide on him.
    Darnell has no chance now and l would say very little public support.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭funki_munkee

Darnell has had a big character flip in the las few weeks,not even over the Sarah incident (which I unfortunately missed!:eek:) but he has just generally turned into a moaner and is always in a sour mood! He needs to go back to the cool chilled out personality he started with if people are ever going to forgive him for the Sarah thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

How disturbing is this statement?
    'She [Sara] is cool, but as far as romance I don't rate her that high. And
    because I don't rate her that high, I think: 'So why can't I have that?'
    -He's dehumanising her right there as if she's an object! I'd defo steer well clear of him on the outside world. He mightn't do away with you and chop you up in bits or anything but he hasn't a healthy state of mind by a long shot!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

I started off liking Darnell but steadily over the last 3 to 4 weeks he has started to annoy me, to the point that i actually can't stand watching him anymore. I hope he doesn't win because it will lead him to believe his behaviour has been acceptable.

This guy needs to sit down(when he is evicted) and watch as much as possible of the tapes of BB to see how badly he has been acting and maybe it will help sort out his problems.

Darnell to lose!!!:cool:

Advertisement