Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think Darnell's behaviour has cost him his place in the final?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

CoDy1 wrote: »
    I started off liking Darnell but steadily over the last 3 to 4 weeks he has started to annoy me, to the point that i actually can't stand watching him anymore. I hope he doesn't win because it will lead him to believe his behaviour has been acceptable.

This guy needs to sit down(when he is evicted) and watch as much as possible of the tapes of BB to see how badly he has been acting and maybe it will help sort out his problems.

Darnell to lose!!!:cool:

Darnell has already lost.
    And l am not talking about BB.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Ann22 wrote: »
    How disturbing is this statement?
    'She [Sara] is cool, but as far as romance I don't rate her that high. And
    because I don't rate her that high, I think: 'So why can't I have that?'
    -He's dehumanising her right there as if she's an object! I'd defo steer well clear of him on the outside world. He mightn't do away with you and chop you up in bits or anything but he hasn't a healthy state of mind by a long shot!:eek:

That's a bit strong, he's saying that he thinks sara isn't a top girl (which is bull****) and if someone who isn't a top girl would pass him up then he's left with the bottom of the barrel girls. It's sorta warped but it comes from years of focusing on one's own looks. When someone genuinely feels like they look terrible, looks become so important that they define others for that person. So someone who feels like their looks stop them from doing things, feels like looks are the only thing that matters. It would make sense if he wasn't full of **** because sara is stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

That's a bit strong, he's saying that he thinks sara isn't a top girl (which is bull****) and if someone who isn't a top girl would pass him up then he's left with the bottom of the barrel girls. It's sorta warped but it comes from years of focusing on one's own looks. When someone genuinely feels like they look terrible, looks become so important that they define others for that person. So someone who feels like their looks stop them from doing things, feels like looks are the only thing that matters. It would make sense if he wasn't full of **** because sara is stunning.

You're probably right.:) It didn't look as bad when I actually saw the bit where he said it. I read too many serial killer books. They all talk about having to 'have' or possess a woman so when I read what he said I was thinking loads of mad stuff:eek:.

Well in general I'de say dehumanising is a coping mechanism and it could definately be applied to serial killers so you definately have a point in theory, but I don't think this is necessarily dehumanising just because he used the word "have".

When I heard his whole speech I kind of followed what he was trying to say but when I read it first it reminded me of something Ted Bundy said.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I used to like him a lot but, as others have said, he's steadily annoyed me over the past few weeks and, to be quite honest, I find him so utterly mind-numbingly boring when he starts on his rants.

The woe is me stuff is just ridiculous. Darnell thinks he's the only person in the world to have problems. I think Sara did lead him up the garden path a bit but his treatment of her since then has shown his true colours. He needs to just get over it.

His treatment of Kat was also completely out of order. When she tried talking to him about it in the bedroom he just ignored her and walked out. He's a child.

The thing that really, really annoys me though, is that Darnell is completely aware of how he's behaving. He knows he's being a shít but he thinks he's justified in what he says.

I sincerely hope he doesn't win but I hope he gets enough money to get himself a decent therapist because the boy has major issues.

When I heard his whole speech I kind of followed what he was trying to say but when I read it first it reminded me of something Ted Bundy said.:D

Now l'm scare , Ann .:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

He's a nasty piece of work. Some SERIOUS anger issues going on there.

I've said it before but it shouldn't surprise anyone. I thought he was joking when he said he ate a whole tube of toothpaste. Nobody eats toothpaste outside of mental institutions.

I've said it before but it shouldn't surprise anyone. I thought he was joking when he said he ate a whole tube of toothpaste. Nobody eats toothpaste outside of mental institutions.

Give us the Goss , how do you know?:D

• Advertisement

Give us the Goss , how do you know?:D
    :D:D:D

:D:D:D

Just don't know who is posting in here Ann , do you?:D:D

Just don't know who is posting in here Ann , do you?:D:D
    No you don't... there's probably quite a few of them out there sitting at their computers not a stitch on them little bowls of toothpaste beside them and Walkers sweet chilli crisps for dipping.

Darnell is going on about Sara again. :rolleyes:

No you don't... there's probably quite a few of them out there sitting at their computers not a stitch on them little bowls of toothpaste beside them and Walkers sweet chilli crisps for dipping.

You may have well as said " Don't have nightmares , do sleep well.
    Scare now Ann.:D
    As Kat would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This has made Darnell even more paranoid.

His paranoia scale is about a 9 right now. :)

Did you hear that bit of dialogue between Darnell and Kat?

Darnell: 'And you were trying to get me to vote for Lisa!'

Kat: 'I never said that. I just said she upset me.'

Hmm...

I was hearing Kat when I read that. :DDidn't know if it was deliberate.
    She wouldn't like to 'scare her fwen!':)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

I think Mikey summed him up perfect "he is the most complex housemate and a psycologist's wet dream"

Whats the difference between what Darnell said and what some posters have said about Sara when we all thought she was leading him on? Calling her a hussy etc etc etc

Whats the difference between what Darnell said and what some posters have said about Sara when we all thought she was leading him on? Calling her a hussy etc etc etc

The difference is that we don't live with her. We didn't call her an ugly bitch to her face. We haven't been treating her like absolute dirt on a daily basis.

The guy needs to sort his shít out big time. He's not justified in his behaviour, I don't care how hard his life has been. If he wins then it's as if his behaviour has been acceptable.

Chinafoot wrote: »
    The difference is that we don't live with her. We didn't call her an ugly bitch to her face. We haven't been treating her like absolute dirt on a daily basis.

The guy needs to sort his shít out big time. He's not justified in his behaviour, I don't care how hard his life has been. If he wins then it's as if his behaviour has been acceptable.

I want to focus on the remark that was made for now and not anything else really to do with Darnell goin off the rails.

Alot of people seem to be focusing really hard on the ugly bitch comment. Just because we dont live with her doesnt take away from the fact that we still have said things about her.

• Advertisement

Darnell on LF saying that Sara and Lisa don't deserve the money and that sharing it makes them look good and therefore the rest look bad,:confused:
    yet he was saying only yesterday that the money wasn't important to him and if he won he would give away the prize money.

I want to focus on the remark that was made for now and not anything else really to do with Darnell goin off the rails.

Alot of people seem to be focusing really hard on the ugly bitch comment. Just because we dont live with her doesnt take away from the fact that we still have said things about her.

You asked what the difference is between what we've said and what he has said. The big difference is the fact that his behaviour towards her (not just what he has said) is in her face every day. What we have said here (which was incredibly mild in comparison) is not in her face every day. I really don't see how you can compare it tbh.

Darnell on LF saying that Sara and Lisa don't deserve the money and that sharing it makes them look good and therefore the rest look bad,:confused:
    yet he was saying only yesterday that the money wasn't important to him and if he won he would give away the prize money.

More paranoid rubbish. As for Darnell giving away the prize money....what bull. If ever someone thinks they deserve to win it's Darnell. He keeps moaning about wanting to leave and being ready to go yet I reckon he still thinks that the public love him and that he'll win. He's clinging on to what Rex said about Nicole favouring Darnell which means he's popular on the outside. His comment to Kat about "Let the public decide and we'll see whats what." sums him up tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

dont even try & understand anything Darnell says or does, youre only wasting your time :p

sar84 wrote: »
    dont even try & understand anything Darnell says or does, youre only wasting your time :p

l agree , he was saying last night that the producers put all that together just to wind him up.
    Darnells world is a scary place to be.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

l agree , he was saying last night that the producers put all that together just to wind him up.
    Darnells world is a scary place to be.:eek:

they shouldnt have put someone that unstable in the house. i dont think he will be able to cope with people hating him (& there probably will be quite a few who do after his recent behaviour. though i never liked him anyway..)

sar84 wrote: »
    they shouldnt have put someone that unstable in the house. i dont think he will be able to cope with people hating him (& there probably will be quite a few who do after his recent behaviour. though i never liked him anyway..)

Shh , he might read these when he get out.7.gif:D

Chinafoot wrote: »
    You asked what the difference is between what we've said and what he has said. The big difference is the fact that his behaviour towards her (not just what he has said) is in her face every day. What we have said here (which was incredibly mild in comparison) is not in her face every day. I really don't see how you can compare it tbh.

Obviously what we say she will probably never know, but that still doesnt make it any different we still have called her names he has still called her names, so just case we dont say it to her face it doesnt matter?

Obviously what we say she will probably never know, but that still doesnt make it any different we still have called her names he has still called her names, so just case we dont say it to her face it doesnt matter?

Ah here, you can't possibly compare the two situations. Are you trying to say that because posters here said nasty things about Sara we shouldn't pass comment on what Darnell says? Because it has been posted on forums about her Darnell is perfectly justified in his behaviour towards her?

You can probably be guaranteed that most of those who said Sara was a hussey or leading Darnell on certainly don't approve of how he has treated her recently. His reaction to her behaviour has gone well beyond anything that could even be remotely classed as justified.

It's a non-argument really, the girl has to live with him. He's openly hostile to her, he's paranoid, has a major persecution complex and was rude enough to her to warrant an official warning from Big Brother. You can't really fob off people's comments here with "oh well you all slagged her off too".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

its totally different though tyler, theres a degree of seperation here. you go on that show, u expect some people in the public will not like you, thats what you're signing up for. but not to be called an ugly bitch to ur face all day in a confined environment where you cant leave. I couldnt care that some people hate me and say stuff about me somewhere out there in the big bad world. but if I was on holidays and someone who used to be my friend started abusing me like that to my face every day, id feel much different about it.

Advertisement