Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to get Car Serviced

Options
  • 27-08-2008 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hello Guys,

I'm looking to get my car serviced in the Limerick City area. I've been away from the city for a long time now, and would appreciate some recommendations. Just a general service is required but i'd like a good job done. I know I could go to one of the dealerships, but from previous experience they are generally very expensive.

Any suggestions appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

what type car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Hansel

Dean Powers garage on Rossa Avenue, just of Mulgrave Street.
    I've used him for years, very good. You'll want to book in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What part of the city you are in?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mccutchie

City centre, i'm flexible on this, but would like the drop in to garage in morning, collect in the evening scenario

Don't really know of anyone in the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I have heard that Seamus McGrath's are very good. I have not used them myself but my dad used him for years when we lived in the city.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Hooked

Brendan Butler Rhebogue FTW

061 - well duh! - 416453

Hooked wrote: »

061 - well duh! - 416453

+ 1 for Brendan.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

061 - well duh! - 416453

ya, +1 for Brendan all my family go to him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

+10 for Brendan! :D

I go to him, my dad goes to him, my brother goes to him, my aunt goes to him, my best friend and all her family go to him... Brendan's very honest and very genuine, and doesn't charge the earth. Takes a personal interest in your car. I couldn't recommend him more highly. ;)

He's closed on Thursdays, open Saturdays and at the moment he's really busy so you probably need to book about a week in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Hooked

Couldn't have described him better myself... Very honest. And like yerself, myself, the auld lad and my brother and his wife all go to him. Top bloke. Must pop over and book a service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Limerick fan

Couldn't have described him better myself... Very honest. And like yerself, myself, the auld lad and my brother and his wife all go to him. Top bloke. Must pop over and book a service.

I scraped my back door off a wall and need the paint retouched - would this Brendan do a good job of making it look like new?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I scraped my back door off a wall and need the paint retouched - would this Brendan do a good job of making it look like new?

I don't think he does that kind of work. He's a mechanic not a panel beater. But no harm in ringing him and asking him. he would probably recommend someone if he couldn't do it himself

You need to see a good panel beater or body shop not a mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Brendan recommends a crowd down in King's Island, I think they're called Limerick Crash Services? The owner's name is Ross. He sorted out my car after a friend backed into the bumper and it needed panel beating and a respray. Like Brendan, honest and doesn't charge the earth. Oh, and he did a really nice job on my bumper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

bazz26 wrote: »
    You need to see a good panel beater or body shop not a mechanic.

Derek Walsh Kildimo does a top class job.

Advertisement