Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ComReg - gutless

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

spuddy wrote: »
    At minimum, it gives them a better starting position from where to negotiate with Eircom, better to start at €3 and work upwards, then start at €9 and work downwards.

Its taken them all of 9 years , consultations out of their arses and countless court cases and even international expert panels in 2002/2003 to get to €9 . That's why I wanted to abolish them well over 4 years ago.

Read about "The Professor" and weep. That was nearly 6 years back FFS :( eircom took Comreg to court and Comreg chickened . Sound familiar ?????

Comreg should be abolished now and the staff individually charged with conspiracy to defraud the public purse . The whole dismal miserable crooked spineless lot of them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Its taken them all of 9 years , consultations out of their arses and countless court cases and even international expert panels in 2002/2003 to get to €9 . That's why I wanted to abolish them well over 4 years ago.

Read about "The Professor" and weep. That was nearly 6 years back FFS :( eircom took Comreg to court and Comreg chickened . Sound familiar ?????

Comreg should be abolished now and the staff individually charged with conspiracy to defraud the public purse . The whole dismal miserable crooked spineless lot of them :(
    not to mention their line rental has increased by 10% since then

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

I may have just figured out the real reason they haven't taken this to court :D
    http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/File/MPC.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

LOL :)

lol, im just preparing my application haha

• Advertisement

Oh Dear, but why has Sebastian not updated his Linked in Profile :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

35notout wrote: »
    another fine example of Comreg bowing to Eircom.....

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/article/11291/

It's more bending over then bowing down. Comreg probably realised it'd be cheaper and easier to buy a tube of KY and take it then to fight this in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Good find :D

My opinion of this is if they can't make something like this stick whats the point in them really. Although I agree with spongebob's sentiment, abolishing them really isn't realistic, what needs to happen is a clear out of the wasters and most importantly a Minister who has the spine to keep them honest. Though having a minister for comms that in't spineless might be pretty unrealistic too.

Good find :D

My opinion of this is if they can't make something like this stick whats the point in them really. Although I agree with spongebob's sentiment, abolishing them really isn't realistic, what needs to happen is a clear out of the wasters and most importantly a Minister who has the spine to keep them honest. Though having a minister for comms that in't spineless might be pretty unrealistic too.
    And a minister who doesnt consider 3G/EDGE broadband

Abolishing them is a perfectly good idea. We have no regulator now in effect , having none de facto for a while would make no difference .

We have a country full of crap regulators and its only if we abolish one and put the bums on the street that we will get the other cúnts to do anything for us .

In 1996 we were the early Celtic Tiger and we were internationally competitive, we had NO regulators. Now we are awash with lazy useless cúnts with important job titles and we are a ****ing economic basket case that can attrack no FDI.

We need to make an example of one as a matter of grave national urgency .

I posted this OVER a year back . Nothing has changed .....save for the worse. It's now even more of an imperative !

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53442531&postcount=32

Comreg has manifestly failed to use its powers where it had same.

Consider it a culture of failure that permeates the thing from top to bottom . Once these cultures of failure become embedded in an organisation such as Comreg you find youself with a failed institution. No amount of name and legislative changes can uproot this deeply embedded culture. One must then consider the only solution possible for a failed institution which is outright abolition and recreation of the necessary bits ab initio ./

A failed institution is a dynamically complex scenario but once it happens there is no point wasting time and effort with it. It could be a school or a hospital or a regulator .

Once it fails then abolition must be considered . Comreg is the best ( ie worst ) example in the bloated Irish regulatory sector .

In certain cases such as the eircom 3.5ghz fiasco Comreg have lied and obfuscated repeatedly to cover their own inadequacies as a regulator.

Comreg deliberately diluted their own rollout requirements for 3.5ghz rather than enforce the contract remedies for not compliance with the rollout. This particular remedy was contract law 101 and not some complex administrative 'powers' stuff that would wreck their little heads .

For this , and for many other failures and lies and excuses , they must be abolished as quickly as possible .

As for the myriad other regulators and micro regulators in this country , the abolition of Comreg (which is one of the more ancient ones) would have a galvanising effect .

Its all really Pour Encourager Les Autres as Voltaire elegantly put it long ago .

• Advertisement
Advertisement