Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Harddrives

• 27-08-2008 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hey Folks

Looking to pick up an external hard-drive.

Want a decent size memory min:500gb And capability to use on a T.V

Speed: not too bothered about this (should I be?)

Am pretty clueless regarding technology so all advice appreciated.. :o

Which site to buy from??

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

How much are you looking to spend? I usually buy this kinda stuff on ebay.
    I don't have one of those myself.
    This one looks fairly class, 1000 GB.

Here's a cheaper one that I think fits your discription, 500 GB, TV output. It works out at about 110 euro i think after postage.

Just make sure if that you buy one that it has the output you need, HDMI, scart or whatever. You could go to an electronics shop or somewhere and ask them to explain everything to you, and tell them what you need, then you'd know what to look for online...

Searching for "hard drive media" or something similiar on ebay seems to find alot of them.
    If you dont like the idea of buying one off ebay, im sure there's lots of websites you can buy them from...

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MacStacked

Thanks for the quick response.

Willing to spend upto 250..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

I bought a 1000gb apache from pixmania for €202 (including postage) a while back. It had actually reduced to €182 at one stage. I had a quick look just there now to see could i find it but no joy. I'll try a more in depth look later and post if I find it again

Had a look at pixmania there, looking to buy just a normal external harddrive myself at the mo. Some good offers there.

Here's their media hard drives : http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/10222/xx/xx/101/9/criteresn.html

You can select your price range at the top of the screen.

This one looks good :
    Dane-Elec
    €139. Its got video composite and analog audio output, which is the same as a PS2 i think so you should be able to connect it to your TV. It has VGA output aswell so you can connect it directly to a PC monitor. It only supports JPEG images, but seems to support a good range of video/audio.

Here's another one that looks good:
    LACIE
    €119. Didnt read through it tho.

They're the two cheapest 500gb ones i could find anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MacStacked

Thanks for the help folks much appreciated..

Think Im gona go with the Dane-elec model.

Advertisement