Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to eat in Dundalk!

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

I think Carlitos in dunleer is much better than la cantina, anytime I've been there it's been only average. No comparison to Carlitos so well worth the spin

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MC_G

Mrs W wrote: »
    I think Carlitos in dunleer is much better than la cantina, anytime I've been there it's been only average. No comparison to Carlitos so well worth the spin

I'd give them another shot if you haven't gone in a bit. La Cantina has really been fab the last few times I've gone in.

The pizza with the homemade sausage and mushroom is my new favourite! That and the mountain of cheesecake...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 07472161

Is there a smoothie bar or somewhere you can you get smoothies in Dundalk? (the healthy type)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

07472161 wrote: »
    Is there a smoothie bar or somewhere you can you get smoothies in Dundalk? (the healthy type)

There used to be one in the Marshes, not sure if its still there

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Lads and ladies, Best breakfast in the town please?

It's coming into the time of the year that I like to add to my cholesterol levels !

Tried The Jockey and been impressed but I'm a big lad and like a big feed !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

DkIT Canteen 7 Items for 3.50 :eek:

Cuppa Tea is a euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

The Park Cafe does a nice brekkie. The Sunray beside EBS on park street is supposed to be good also,never tried it though

Sunray is quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

:D
    Sunray is quality

Sorry, but you cannot consider Sunray to be quality food. If it's a quality breakfast you want then it's impossible to pass the Food House in Clanbrassil Street. Finest quality sausages and bacon, an incredible range of eggs. Then there's the pancake options, grenola, etc. And the coffee is among the best in the town. Sunray doesn't come close for quality. They are certainly cheaper but for a good reason.
    I have eaten breakfast out 2 days a week for years and cannot believe the difference the Food House has made.

Lads and ladies, Best breakfast in the town please?

It's coming into the time of the year that I like to add to my cholesterol levels !

Tried The Jockey and been impressed but I'm a big lad and like a big feed !

Get thee to Mace on the Castletown Road for a breakfast roll. I'm serial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

:D

Sorry, but you cannot consider Sunray to be quality food. If it's a quality breakfast you want then it's impossible to pass the Food House in Clanbrassil Street. Finest quality sausages and bacon, an incredible range of eggs. Then there's the pancake options, grenola, etc. And the coffee is among the biest in the town. Sunray doesn't come close for quality. They are certainly cheaper but for a good reason.
    I have eaten breakfast out 2 days a week for years and cannot believe the difference the Food House has made.

+1 for the foodhouse, good clean quality breakfast and service and best coffee in town in my opinion. However i will say the place is let down by the state of the toilets.....

Can't fault kingfisher for a good breakfast either....lovely bacon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Was in the Coachsman Tavern on Sunday (old building reopened on Castlebellingham Road). Very good food, soup, sandwiches, jacket potatoes & excellent carrot cake.

is it a pub/restuarant or a cafe?

I would consider it a tea shop style venue but I was only there early one morning. Breakfasts looked OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Yeah more of a café/tea shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 M.A.G

I like The Jockeys for breakfast,its a good hearty full Irish,and i love the way they keep refilling your tea/coffee. Never been in the Sunray,have never heard anything about it. Love The Foodhouse for breakfast,pancakes and crispy bacon are fantastic,great coffee too. Really like 23 seats for a chilled out coffee too.Staff are very friendly also.

is it a pub/restuarant or a cafe?

I had lovely chicken goujons and chips in it so a bit more substantial than cafe ;)

I'd hardly call goujons and chips restaurant fare.

I'd hardly call goujons and chips restaurant fare.

I mean its more substantial than just sandwiches like other tearooms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Having eaten out today for just €40 (3 courses, 2 diners) I now believe Left Bank to be the best, most keenly priced eatery in Dundalk. Started with a delectable chicken and vegetable broth served with house-bake bread; had a main of chicken supreme with sautéed mushrooms in tarragon sauce, served with mixed vegetables and champ; finished with a sumptuous bakewell tart with warm custard and ice-cream.
    We chose from the Sunday Specials menu, yet the array of choices for each course was overwhelming - one would think they were looking at a normal a la carte list. Portion sizes were anything but meagre, and I struggled to finished the end of my dessert. Presentation was exquisite - of a standard one would expect in any high-end Dublin brasserie or restaurant, which the service was down-to-earth ad attentive (but not suffocating, as is the case in some places).
    To find such quality food and service in the town makes me wonder how nearby restaurants are managing to still attract business. Also noticed on the way out that they're running a Lenten midweek special of €10 for two courses.
    Needless to say, I'll be recommending the place to anyone and everyone looking to dine out (affordably).

• Advertisement

I never liked the Left Bank. I find it dark, the menu limited, and the service on occasions was fair from good. But, to each their own! That's why different venues survive, I suppose.

I like their food but I think the staff aren't great. The little blonde woman is awful sour and it's nearly like their doing you a favour by serving you.

Their normal menu prices don't include sides either so they should increase the price to include them, it's just misleading otherwise

I really like the food in the Leftbank too but the staff let the place down with a bang.Its a few years since i've been in it,so maybe they've hired more pleasant staff.Last time i was in the waitress never cracked a smile or even said hello,and don't even get me started on the barman...
    I don't expect staff to be all over us,but a simple hello would suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

M.A.G wrote: »
    Its a few years since i've been in it
    :rolleyes:

Nesta99 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    Are you trying to make a point?

Advertisement