Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

If I pass

Options
  • 27-08-2008 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

If I pass my bike test on Friday and I have a full license for bikes since 08/2008 and cars since 04/2001, will they print the new details onto my existing full car license or will I have to get a new actual license including new photos?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

cantdecide wrote: »
    If I pass my bike test on Friday and I have a full license for bikes since 08/2008 and cars since 04/2001, will they print the new details onto my existing full car license or will I have to get a new actual license including new photos?
    From experience it seems to depend on whoever is on the counter. You will be issued with a new licence (at no extra cost) but some staff insist on new pics while others use existing ones.

(The licence will expire for all categories 10 years from the date of the first acquired one, e.g. 01/2011 if it's a 10 year licence).

Advertisement