Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pavlyuchenko to join Spurs

• 27-08-2008 10:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭

From irishtimes.com Wednesday, 27th August, 2008

Russian striker Roman Pavlyuchenko said he is poised to join Tottenham Hotspur today, news that will surely add to the growing speculation linking want away striker Dimitar Berbatov with a move to Manchester United.

"I can confirm I'm joining (Spurs)," the Spartak Moscow player told local media. "Right now I'm getting my visa and as soon as it is ready I will fly to England to sign a contract."

Pavlyuchenko said he would not play for Spartak against Dynamo Kiev tonight's Champions League third qualifying round second leg. The Russians trail 4-1 from the opening match.

"I won't play in Kiev," he said. "Everything has happened very quickly so I couldn't even say goodbye to my team mates."

The 26-year-old was Russia's top scorer at Euro 2008 with three goals as he helped his country reach the semi-finals, their best showing at a major championship in 20 years.

Pavlyuchenko also scored twice in a 2-1 win over England in a qualifying match in October.

Tottenham's attempt to sign Andrei Arshavin fell through last week when their bid for Russia's talented playmaker was rejected by Uefa Cup holders Zenit St Petersburg.

The English League Cup holders are desperate to sign a striker, having sold Ireland's Robbie Keane to Liverpool in the close season and with Bulgarian international Berbatov constantly linked with a move to Old Trafford.

Spurs have started the season poorly, losing their opening two Premier League matches to Middlesbrough and Sunderland.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Looked a good player in the Euros and could well do a very good job for Spurs.

Could this mean the end of the Berbatov transfer saga? God I hope so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I thought he was the star of the Russian team not Arshavin. Tall, fast, good shot.

Mike

mike65 wrote: »
    I thought he was the star of the Russian team not Arshavin. Tall, fast, good shot.

Mike
    Well just they bought the two of them just in case! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Knowing Levy he won't sell him until the very last day. I personally don't care that much anymore. Part of me wants Spurs to be stuck with him and watch them keep on losing whilst blaming Berbs. Sort of the same thing they did with Jol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

mike65 wrote: »

Mike

Qft.

Hope this goes through. Not only to (hopefully) end the Berbatov saga, but just to see him every week in the Premiership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I dont think this would nescessarily end the berba saga, they only have Bent and Berba at the club so needed a replacement for Keane anyway.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I dont think this would nescessarily end the berba saga, they only have Bent and Berba at the club so needed a replacement for Keane anyway.
    Pavlyuchenko to replace Berbatov (whether he goes to Utd or not), Arshavin to replace Keane. I reckon thats the plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

He's signed for Spurs this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Fantastic player hopefully this does actually pave the way for the berbatov saga to finally end and stop torturing every football fan of the premiership, they now have pavyluchenko bent and dos santos surely they will go for another striker but id hope berbatov isnt stuck with spurs no matter what the outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Hero Of College

Well just they bought the two of them just in case! :)
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

From what I've seen, he looks the perfect player for the system Spurs are trying to play. Arshavin is a luxury, but for me, its clear that they desperarely need a world class DM, Veleso being the most logical buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

The Pavsters a good player, will do a good job at Spurs. Zenits Progrebnback is better though, wonder if they enquired about him?Hes only 20 to so more to come form him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Hero Of College

PHB wrote: »
    From what I've seen, he looks the perfect player for the system Spurs are trying to play. Arshavin is a luxury, but for me, its clear that they desperarely need a world class DM, Veleso being the most logical buy.

Spurs have a system???:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

How come there's no Spurs thread by the way??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

The Pavsters a good player, will do a good job at Spurs. Zenits Progrebnback is better though, wonder if they enquired about him?Hes only 20 to so more to come form him.

Who's only 20? Pav or Pobgrebnyak?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

ibh wrote: »
    Who's only 20? Pav or Pobgrebnyak?
    Neither.

Pob is 24, Pav is 26.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

monkey9 wrote: »

they have their own supporters forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

monkey9 wrote: »

They got their own forum "to talk about going to matches with each other and making Irish flags with the spurs crest".

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=837

(basically it's where they can be deluded about spurs without getting brought down to earth about it by other supporters).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

BTW how come only Spurs have their own forum???

I think this is gonna be another expensive player bought this year but it looks already they wont be any better than last year after all....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

astrofool wrote: »
    (basically it's where they can be deluded about spurs without getting brought down to earth about it by other supporters).

Troll harder.

• Advertisement
Advertisement