Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mental Health and Irish Dramatic Groups

Options
  • 27-08-2008 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi there,

Is ther anyone out there that knows of Irish drama groups dealing with the area of mental health.

Anyone with information would be appreciated as it would go towards research for a documentary on mental health

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

I don't know any groups doing drama like this at the moment but I do know that a lot of plays by Gillian Plowman have strong themes about depression, mental health issues and suicide. Two plays in particular stand out; "Me and my Friend" and "A kind of Vesuvius". Maybe see if you can pick them up in a library. I'd definitely recommend reading them. Both are very strong plays focusing on mental health problems, in males particularly.

I know one drama group who did these productions over the last few years. Maybe they'd have them on dvd or vhs. PM me if you'd like contact details for somebody who might know more.

Advertisement