Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New estate car - Mondeo ??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Money Shot wrote: »
    Going to get a new car soon, and I've decided that a decent estate car will fit the families needs best.
    My main considerations in the purchase are Safety, reliability and practicality (space) rather than looks, raciness, badge or impressing anyone etc. Obviously price is a major consideration too.

I was initially going to spend the bit extra and go for the new Modeo estate, but I have been looking around, and a couple of other cars just seem much better value for money given the whole package and my needs.

Octavia estate 1.9tdi, reliable, 4 star safety rating, decent spec, large boot etc, decent price circa 24 k
    Kia Cee'd SW 1.6d - reliable ??, 5 star safety rating, very good spec, Great boot space, very good price circa 23 K (also, a good 0% finance deal at present)

I know the mondeo is bigger and is a very good car, but I can't see anything that can justify the extra 5 or 6 k to me.

Any opionions welcome - or any others that I may have overlooked.

thanks

mondeo is among the most boring cars in the world, the estate is even worse...

a decent 3/5 serise estate or the a4 estate is the best buy imho, for that budget, but with cars like them , there such a high calibur that age doesnt matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

S.I.R wrote: »
    ...but with cars like them , there such a high calibur that age doesnt matter.

my goodness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

superjosh9 wrote: »
    my goodness

+1

Advertisement