Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TOI in Cork

Options
  • 27-08-2008 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the exact route of the TOI when it reaches Cork city on Sunday?
    It looks like it crosses over to the southside but the map on the website is too small and I can't make out where it goes.
    TIA,
    Showry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

showry wrote: »
    Does anyone know the exact route of the TOI when it reaches Cork city on Sunday?
    It looks like it crosses over to the southside but the map on the website is too small and I can't make out where it goes.
    TIA,
    Showry

Finale is laps around the city with St Patrick's Hill being the best place to watch I'd suggest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

Finale is laps around the city with St Patrick's Hill being the best place to watch I'd suggest

My in-laws are over on the southside though so I figure if it's going near their place I can get a nice roast dinner there and not go too far to watch it. I reckon you'd need to be on Patrick's Hill early enough.
    The (brief) preview in the IT this morning mentioned a hill on the other side of the Lee as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

http://www.tourofireland.ie/stage5.html
    Doesn't look like it goes to the south side at all.

I was due to go Cork to Killarney on Sunday but now looks like I'll need to rethink that particular plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

I was on Patricks Hill last year and it wasn't too mobbed - defo the best place to see it... especially as they have to do it 4 times... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Funkyzeit, as a matter of interest envy, what kind of speeds would they be doing up Patrick's Hill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Funkyzeit, as a matter of interest envy, what kind of speeds would they be doing up Patrick's Hill?

Not sure of speeds but they'd go u it pretty handy HunnyM. A few straglers at the back last year struggled but the cliche of pro's getting off the bike on Paddy's hill certainly didn't apply last year !

Advertisement