Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muffins

• 27-08-2008 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi guys

i'm trying to bake muffins and have had a few problems such as sticking to the trays after i grease and flour or them or the tops rising and then just spreading sideways and not up so they look like flat mushrooms. just wondering if anyone has some tips when baking them or just good receipes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

A couple of recipes here

What recipe are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭netvista

thanks for that minder. here's the receipe i'm using.http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Alienated-Blueberry-Muffins/Detail.aspx
    any tips on baking or that would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

netvista - it is difficult to compare the recipes, but I note that the recipe you use is for 24 muffins, the one I use is for 12. The quantities are almost identical except in the amount of sugar and fruit. As the lift comes from the baking powder, the mixture may struggle to rise if it's too wet - this may be a problem with the amount of juicy blueberries at 290g. Also the amount of sugar in that recipe is double what I'm using - okay if you like them sweet...

Try reducing the amount of fruit and leave out one egg. Also using oil or margarine makes a difference - oil tends to be a moister finish to the muffin, butter or marge will be a drier finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Put them into muffin cases!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭netvista

thanks for the suggestion and i'll give them a go next time i bake some

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

And make sure you don't mix them to death before you bake them...they really need to be just stirred and kind of lumpy and horrible looking ~ the complete opposite to cake/bun baking actually :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

This is the recipe I use, and it's fantastic. It says it makes 8, but I put it in a 6-hole muffin tray and use muffin cases. It makes perfect muffins every time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I use the same one as Faith there and it works out great all the time for me too- they are lovely. Defo use muffin cases though - so much easier!!:P

Advertisement