Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McSavage Thread

Options
  • 27-08-2008 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what happened to the David McSavage thread in the 'Dome?

It appears to be gone without a whimper.

If it was deleted is there any chance of knowing why now when it's been running for months?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There is a rule in the thunderdome that the subject of a thread must agree to participate. If the subject hasn't agreed, the thread will be deleted/locked, even if it's been going for months.

The thunderdome isn't "Degsy's Rant Forum".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 LuckyBleeder

seamus wrote: »
    There is a rule in the thunderdome that the subject of a thread must agree to participate. If the subject hasn't agreed, the thread will be deleted/locked, even if it's been going for months.

The thunderdome isn't "Degsy's Rant Forum".

He HAD posted in the thread,many times either as "Honeytrap" or "sheepskin".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Has it been deleted? There seems to be a fair amount of threads gone? The subject of the thread-mc savage has been participating in the thread himself.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Dinter wrote: »
    Anyone know what happened to the David McSavage thread in the 'Dome?

It appears to be gone without a whimper.

If it was deleted is there any chance of knowing why now when it's been running for months?

For questions like those, PM the Moderator, he is the only person that can answer your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I don't know the backstory, but it's possible that he withdrew his agreement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

McSavage will be more heartbroken then Degsy, it was his only outlet in which he can force his humor on others now that people tend to ignore him on the street.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

But the thread was moved to the dome. It didnt start there. And the man himself replied under a few usernames goading the hell out of people.
    It should be re-instated as it doesnt break T-dome rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Well, why is his agreement so important? He's a public figure so I can't understand why it hinges upon him agreeing even though he had posted there when using it to pimp up his show.

It's a bit mad that a shill can then turn around and remove his "permission" and a thread with hundreds of replies is deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I pm'd Spankeh. I doubt mc savage woould have complained, sure his whole show is based on abusing people and he'd even come on to goad people surely he can take a bit of abuse on the internet!

Well, why is his agreement so important? He's a public figure so I can't understand why it hinges upon him agreeing even though he had posted there when using it to pimp up his show.

It's a bit mad that a shill can then turn around and remove his "permission" and a thread with hundreds of replies is deleted.

Again, until you ask the mod all you are doing right now is speculating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

I doubt McSavage withdrew his agreement to partake in the thread - he used it as an outlet to plug his own stuff. I would have thought he'd be replying to it soon to crow about being on tv.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Yeah I just want to know why it isnt back and what, like B says, is the reason for its removal in the first place?
    Shere didnt one of his friends start it in the first place to look for reviews on his "comedy"?

Spankeh wrote: »
    icon4.gifThunderdome Charter
    Bet you thought this day wouldnt come.

Ok ladies and gents, nows the time where we have to have a set of rules to abide by so that we can all be on a level ground.

The idea of the thunderdome was as a form of "game". You step into the ring and expect a challenger to come along and get a good slagging match/row/abuse session going.

Well a thread filled with insults, that's running for several months would be my definition of a "good slagging match/row/abuse session."
    Essentially if you post here either by starting a thread, or responding to anything, expect to get something back at you.

Check. McSavage definitely posted there as he had details of forthcoming shows that were not available in the public domain at the time. He used it as some sort of viral advertising.
    As with anything in life you may either be game for it whereby all will be happydays, or if you find it getting too heated for you, you can leave and expect to be slagged off to a limit. If this limit is over the line, mods will get involved.

The mods could surely point out where the line is rather that autocratically deciding that it was crossed and deserving of deletion. Not even locking or warnings or infractions.
    What I want to see is common sense here.

Personal insults towards a poster who is unaware of such insults are not allowed in this forum and will lead to punishments!

That's already covered above.
    Ideally we are going to have 3 simple rules.

• Post here - you have placed yourself in the game.
    • Extreme personal insults are a no no. (If you are here long enough you will know the line)
    • No linking to anything in other forums involving serious/personal issues of a user.
    Nothing springs to mind that is obscenely across this line. There was nothing in the past 24 hours that I'm aware of that would breach these rules

If you feel something has crossed the line,
    • Bare in mind the nature of the forum
    • Report the post/send a PM or visitor message to me with some info including pointing me to the offending post!
    Obviously can't comment on this.

No mentioning of any MCD related event either. I have no problem banning you from here for doing so.

Don't think that happened and if it did surely it would be better to delete the post and ban the user than delete the thread.
    So with all that in mind....let the games begin!

I can't, the thread was deleted.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Again, until you ask the mod all you are doing right now is speculating.

Loladub already did.

Also at the moment I'm not sure if it was deleted or what happened to it?

Also at the moment I'm not sure if it was deleted or what happened to it?

And neither does anyone else.

So drop the Mod a PM and when he answers, if you still wish to discuss it in feedback, you can then start a thread on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I removed the thread, I am not going to go into detail over why it was removed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement