Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What does "all electric" mean?

Options
  • 27-08-2008 12:14pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Windows, mirrors, seats.

What else? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Windows, mirrors, seats.

Sunroof?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Perhaps but I'd wager most cars thus described wouldn't have electric seats nor a sunroof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Windows, mirrors, seats.

folding mirrors, rear view mirror dip, steering,

Any more

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Could mean anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Perhaps but I'd wager most cars thus described wouldn't have electric seats nor a sunroof.
    The rover 75 has electric seats and optional electric sunroof, mine doesn't have the sunroof though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

fletch wrote: »
    Could mean anything

Precisely fletch. Hence the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

I'd take it to mean that the cars has all the electric features that where available on that specific model

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I take it to be a short abbreviation in an advert to describe the spec such as electric windows, mirrors and possibly sunroof, in layman's terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭alfarocks

Sinclair C5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Tesla Roadster??

TBH, it's a bit of a catch all, a lazy way of describing your car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Windows, mirrors, seats.

'all electric' means that the car is mutton dressed up as lamb, being sold through the Herald by a pathologically-dishonest part-time trader based in Walkinstown.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i suppose all electric in my car would mean :

electric windows
    electric mirrors
    electric seats
    electric steering wheel

ive no sunroof but i would imagine on most modern cars its electric too.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

electric radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

My Safrane had elctric windows (x4) , mirrors (that dipped when put into reverse) ,cl, front and rear scresns heated, sunroof, seats (inc heated) , inflatable seats. Pretty much anything that could be electrically operated in the car was.

The only thing it didnt have that was available on it was electric rear seat, so I suppose that could count as all electics. Although my older safrane also had the steerign wheel elecrically adjustable but I think that was discontinued on the facelift so that doesnt count.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

think it's a throwback from the 90's when having elec mirrors, central locking and elec windows was something special.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

colm_mcm wrote: »
    think it's a throwback from the 90's when having elec mirrors, central locking and elec windows was something special.

You mean a VW? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

NAh, I said the 90's.

having the above items was a big deal in a VW till well after 00 :)

Advertisement