Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Too late for grant applications?

• 27-08-2008 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

I'm starting a research masters next month and today I was told that an internal bursary I applied for would not be granted. I know I should've applied for others, but I was reasonably hopeful of getting this as three others who started the same masters last year all got it.

I wasn't eligable for a grant at under-grad level, but one of my parent's employment status has changed so I'm wondering if I could give it another shot. Am I too late for an application? I'm really up the proverbial creek without something :(

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Not too late at all. If you have a look at the edu-wide announcement, the closing date for the grant scheme for some of the areas has been extended to the end of November, so you may be able to apply up to then. Either way, get on to your Council/VEC immediately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Thanks Myth. I'm getting the engaged tone at the moment.

It didn't say anything about an extension so I assume it's this Saturday with all the others. My worry is that they wouldn't get the forms and I wouldn't be able to return them in that time.

Edit: They said to call into the office. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Just one other thing - do I need to bring anything with me to the VEC offices when I go to apply?

http://citizensinformation.ie/References/checklists/checklist-of-documents-needed-when-applying-for-a-student-grant

The link above is a handy one, so there's a lot there to get.

The application form will take some time to fill out, just so you're aware. Hope it goes well.

Advertisement