Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Under the bonnet

Options
  • 27-08-2008 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

hi all,

Just wondering if your allowed to initial the bits and pieces under the bonnet to remember what they are? only one of mine is marked but the others arent. i know theres not to many to remember but my test is tomorrow and i'll probably go completely brain dead, thats if im even able to open the bonnet!! :mad: hope this isnt a silly question! :cool:

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

would it not be easier to memories them?

like what ones do you have problems with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 mcgraw

hi ntlbell

oh i suppose your right but i'll probably get them all mixed up!!!!!!! :D
    fingers x!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Not you again, McGraw...

Every engine bay has a different layout, you should pop past a mechanic and he will help you. Or tell us what car you have or post a snap and we can do some labelling. There isn't any secret to it and you can be sorted in an hour so there's no need to worry.

what do you mean me again?!!!!!! :D

a friend of mine will be going through them all with me later but just in case i go blank tomorrow!!!!!!! :cool:

all i wanted to know is are you allowed to mark them or not?! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Most, if not all, will have diagrams on them already. you just need to remember what the diagram means.

• Advertisement

thanks bearbaron

its a jap import so its all in Japenese!! LOL

thanks anyway. i'll study them 2nite :D:D:D

They also might ask you how might you check the oil/ water/ break fluid etc. but don't worry, again, it's not complicated.

thanks cantdecide.

im just panicking thats all! :D hopefully it wont be to bad tomorrow..

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Youll be grand, just dont forget where the 71O goes ! :pac:

beerbaron wrote: »

That's cruel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Stark

There's usually little picture things on the reservoirs isn't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just to clarify, dont go sticking anything on the various components under the bonnet, it could be a fire hazard. Just go over them tonight, it's nothing to worry about really. Best of luck.

hey bearbaron,

very funny! i found a joke about 710 online but not sure if we're allowed to post jokes! :D:D:D

thanks all. at least this time tomorrow i'll know if i passed or failed! anyone else doing test this week? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

beerbaron wrote: »
    cantdecide wrote: »
    That's cruel
    LOL :D

710.jpg

that was it WA!! probably the oldest one in the book :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

haha yeah i got my test tomorrow, I did a pre-test so shouldnt be too bad,got mine at 1240 so its gonna be busy in deansgrange foxrock,dublin lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

mcgraw wrote: »
    hi all,

Just wondering if your allowed to initial the bits and pieces under the bonnet to remember what they are? only one of mine is marked but the others arent. i know theres not to many to remember but my test is tomorrow and i'll probably go completely brain dead, thats if im even able to open the bonnet!! :mad: hope this isnt a silly question! :cool:

thanks

Hi,

Why ever not. ? Seen a few using tippex. Big B on the cap of the Brake fluid, etc etc Makes them stand out. One thing less to worry about

Have you seen the excellent guide on here :-Technical Checks and test questions.

Or the original where I have added some additional info Driving Test Technical Car Checks

Best of Luck

hi all

After i gave them a clean, most of them were already marked!! :D
    2 hours to countdown!!!!!!!| :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

LOL :D

710.jpg

roflmao.

How do people still get caught by that one ? :eek:

but best of look with your test...

just remember if it doesnt make an sense, turn it till it does.

Advertisement