Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camogie for south galway club

Options
  • 27-08-2008 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

if you are interested in playing camogie for an intermediate galway camogie club pm me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

On a similar note. Any such clubs in North Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I don't know of any but one would be deadly to set up in Tuam, I know I'd give it a try anyway...I think Sylane have a camogie club but I could be wrong. There is one in Turloughmore but I don't know if it is intermediate as they are a pretty good club...

Hi,

It's for my wife that I'm asking. She is from Dublin and really isnt a fan of Gaelic. Sure if you ever hear anything PM and visa versa

Will do, I'll have a look in the Tuam Herald and see what clubs there are...You have to go more south of the county to get camogie/hurling clubs though. It's nearly all football up here.

Sure ye could set up a team between the two of ye......... Im sure she'd love that :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Calluna

Mountbellew have a team...not sure if intermediate (think it is though). It's probably the most northerly of the clubs, as the county is quite divided...Mtbellew one of the few dual clubs.

Oh I know it's divided, Im from East galway so wouldnt know what to do with a football :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jewel1981

Our club is in south galway - new players more than welcome 10 minutes from Oranmore town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Suzuki RF

I'm looking to join a club near to galway city but am willing to travel. I've been out of the game for a while but want to get back into it again. Does anyone have any names of who to contact for clubs around galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jewel1981

Ardrahan Camogie Club <no mail please>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 jenzo

Hi, Yes there is a camogie club in Sylane. We cater for all juvenile age groups as well as a successful junior team. One of our more fun activities includes camogie for the mammies called camóg-aerobics. We have more than 20 ladies out having a puck around once a week tho they now tell me they want to go to twice a week. They have been a great help with our fund-raising activities and are full of go. A great way to recruit volunteers! And yes Murphy found us and his wife is a great asset to the junior team as well as Murphy coaching the U.14's!!

Ok now I'm scared :eek:

Also support the Sylane Camogie BBQ on in the Bridge Bar, Tuam (May 29th).......

jenzo wrote: »
    Hi, Yes there is a camogie club in Sylane. We cater for all juvenile age groups as well as a successful junior team. One of our more fun activities includes camogie for the mammies called camóg-aerobics. We have more than 20 ladies out having a puck around once a week tho they now tell me they want to go to twice a week. They have been a great help with our fund-raising activities and are full of go. A great way to recruit volunteers! And yes Murphy found us and his wife is a great asset to the junior team as well as Murphy coaching the U.14's!!

Is there going to be a senior camogie team? How old does Junior cater for?

mars bar wrote: »
    Is there going to be a senior camogie team? How old does Junior cater for?

Don't know to be honest, and don't know how often Jenzo is on boards, and she is the best person to ask. So if you want I can PM you the contact details

Junior is adult if that answers your question? Junior describes the level of competition.. Senior, Intermediate, Junior. Anyone interested?:)

Ah right!
    I read in the Tuam Herald that registration was a good while ago so I didn't bother. Do you know if anybody is coming from Tuam side, I'd need a lift?!

There's a good few going out from Tuam. Txt 086 <snip> for details. :)

Thanks!

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Don't know to be honest, and don't know how often Jenzo is on boards, and she is the best person to ask. So if you want I can PM you the contact details

Jeez LFC, I didn't even see your post! Sorry...and thanks!

Advertisement