Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus Timing Belt

Options
  • 27-08-2008 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

Hello! I am looking at a 04/05 new shape 1.4 litre petrol Ford Focus for my girlfriend. The car has done 58,000 miles/96,0000 kms. My question is when is the timing belt due for renewal on these cars? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It has a timing chain I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

I rang a Ford garage and the person said hold on and he'd check. After a min or two he came back to say it needs changing at 150,000kms. But mabey he was thinking of the old shape '04 model? The model I'm looking at is the new shape for '05. Its reg'd as a '04 as it was a demo model.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Thanks Henry Ford III! Its looking like a timing chain so thats good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The 1.4 litre petrol engine is the same in both the MkI and MkII Focus afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

Hello! I am looking at a 04/05 new shape 1.4 litre petrol Ford Focus for my girlfriend. The car has done 58,000 miles/96,0000 kms. My question is when is the timing belt due for renewal on these cars? Thanks in advance!

According to Autodata focus '2' 1.4 (2004-06) (engine code-FXJA.) has timing BELT.
    100'000 miles replacement interval or 8 years.

i would have tought chain myself:confused:

The car passed the NCT test on Friday so we have decided to buy the car! I'm collecting it this evening so hopefully I'll know the answer once I've looked at it right. I forgot to check when we initially went to look at it. I'm hoping its chain driven! I'll let ye know........:D

Advertisement