Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to get prices on new engine Ford mondeo

Options
  • 27-08-2008 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

I,M checking for a friend, where would i buy a new engine for a Ford Mondeo 2005 ,in dublin.IS there a website that gives prices for new engines for various cars,in ireland or the uk.Would she need to go to a main ford dealer to buy an engine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

I'd go to one of the large scrappage networks in England or to a big scrapyard here (Traynors in Armagh?) for a 2nd hand engine. Its difficult to determine the condition of a scrap engine however so you'd be taking a chance. It will cost about 800-1k to put in using a decent indy mechanic.

Have you tried appealing to Ford, if the car has a Ford service history they might contribute to the repair cost.

Advertisement