Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurance disk display question

Options
  • 27-08-2008 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

My car insurance expires on 5 September but I already have my disk etc as I got good renewal deal. Can i put the new disk up now in case I forget i.e have 2 disks up at the same time till the new one kicks in? don't wan to be stopped by cops when I am insured but outdated disk on

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

New one will do fine. Shows current pol. no. (renewal) after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,919 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I doubt anything legally prevents you from displaying both discs - a lack of a spare disc holder might!

However, if you got stopped by a Garda with the insurance a day or two out there is a 99.9% certainty they'd just let you off with "I've not changed the disc yet'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Slip the new disc in behind the current one? Thats what I always do anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

Thanks all

Advertisement