Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden & Tiger 09 on Play Asia

• 27-08-2008 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hey....

I'm thinking of buying these two games from Play Asia. Just wondering what the story is with the price difference between the US Region free version & the Asia Region free version is.....

Tiger 09:

US Version - €41

Asia Version - €32

Madden 09:

US Version - €41

Asia Version - €32

I thought all the region free games on Play Asia were in English so why is there a tenner in the price difference ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'd check around to see if they are region free tbh. EA's games are usually region locked afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Says they're all region free on Play-Asia, as for the price difference all the Asian region free games seem to be cheaper than the American version for whatever reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Says they're all region free on Play-Asia, as for the price difference all the Asian region free games seem to be cheaper than the American version for whatever reason

Ye they said Medal of Honor Airbourne was region free aswell. But it turned out it wasnt. I doubt many EA games are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

franman wrote: »
    Ye they said Medal of Honor Airbourne was region free aswell. But it turned out it wasnt. I doubt many EA games are.

Really?:eek:

I've never ordered from them before so I don't know....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Yeh most if not all of EAs games on the 360 are region locked. Id be wary if I was you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

I've ordered pretty much all my games from play-asia (10+), so I can vouch for their reliability. Mass Effect was EA and that's region-free but that's the only one over the last few years afaik.

Oh and as for the price difference that's just price fixing on behalf of the distributors for the regions of sale themselves. Buy the cheapest if possible!

You can shoot play-asia an email to confirm that it's region free before you buy, they're usually pretty quick to respond, once you take the time difference into account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Mass Effect was Microsoft Game Studios published not EA. For the 360 version anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Ye I knew it was too good to be true! Fùcking EA!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Really?:eek:

I've never ordered from them before so I don't know....

Ye bought it from them as they said it was region free. Just didn't get around to playing it for months as I had a slew of games piled up. So when I finally went to play it I got the wrong region message. They have updated the site since to say its not region free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Darwin

Making me nervous now - I've ordered TW 09 from play-asia on the basis that it was region free. There seem to be copies of the game for sale on ebay that are also advertised as region free, e.g. here
    Is it possible that some editions are region free, while others are not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

Darwin wrote: »
    Making me nervous now - I've ordered TW 09 from play-asia on the basis that it was region free. There seem to be copies of the game for sale on ebay that are also advertised as region free, e.g. here
    Is it possible that some editions are region free, while others are not?

I emailed them & got this reply.....

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

Actually, we have posted all the information that we know about the game
    in our website. The 3 mentioned items are region free and shall be
    compatible with your console. Normally, for Asian and US version, the
    manual are in English but there is no such information provided by the
    publisher for these items.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Kasel
    Play-Asia.com

Think ill give it a go & hope for the best!

Good on you thanks! Hopefully things will work out as expected...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

REGION FREE TEST TIGER WOODS 09 XB360

We have tested Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 - 360 (Region Free) on our PAL XBOX 360 and can confirm IT IS REGION FREE!! WOW, first a touchdown with madden and now a hole-in-one with Tiger Woods. EA is on a region free roll!!!

From VG+

Well after waiting for ages my play asia copy of Tiger Woods 09 arrived this morning. They sent me the NTSC-J version - wonderful :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

NTSC/J Madden 09 definitly works on a European PAL console

Got it off a UK based ebay seller. Nearly had a heartattack with I saw I got a NTSC/J version but it works perfectly. English manual too

Great game btw!

I take it all back - it does indeed work, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

Darwin wrote: »
    I take it all back - it does indeed work, thanks!

You don't get hit with income tax or anything do you when you get it off PlayAsia?

Could you also just mention how long it took to deliver.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

doyler442 wrote: »
    You don't get hit with income tax or anything do you when you get it off PlayAsia?

Could you also just mention how long it took to deliver.

Cheers

Got my NTSC/J of Tiger Woods 09 aswell.... works fine

You don't get hit by customs as long as you only order one game at a time...

Takes about 9/10 working days to deliver, if you select the cheapest option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I bought TW09 from pro_gamer_shop88 on ebay. Took max 1 week to deliver from Hong Kong. Great value at €30.

Advertisement