Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half sleeve - general time it takes?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

No clue to be honest. Best bet is to actually go and talk to your prospective tattoo artist and flesh it out with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'd say it'll take a good few weeks, one session, time too let it heal, then another session on mor healing time, and so forth.
    Big tats, as such, are projects rather than just going in and getting it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I've a Celtic motif on the inside of my forearm, that took 7 hours over three sessions. To get a full upper sleeve will take a long time indeed, as someone said it's a big project. You're looking at about 6 good long sessions I'd say, but its hard to say, everyone is different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

It depends on the artist. The 1st photo looks like it is a lot of tattoos joined up, I have no idea how long it would take. The Octopus is a seriously nice tattoo, I reckon that would have been 2 sessions, possible one long one.

I have a half sleeve with total coverage and it took two sessions. I have also got leg pieces with a lot more work than the pics you posted that were done in one session each.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Wow, that must've been a long session! I'm prepared for multiple sessions as I'll have to go back when I get paid etc. Rather than being able to pay for it all at once. Will be going for half sleeve full coverage alright, Japanese style, lots of colour so will be looking at a lot of work.

Thanks for the replies. I'll know more on Thursday!

• Advertisement
Advertisement