Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, whats your property interest

Options
  • 27-08-2008 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,652 ✭✭✭✭

Following on from the other thread, whats your interest in property, why do you post or read on Accommodation & Property?

Tick ALL that apply.

Tick all that apply to you 219 votes

Under 25 years old
    0%
    Over 25 years old
    1%
    Ste.phenCathyclicliSanNJay 4 votes
    Single
    21%
    tHE vAGGABONDdeRangedastrofoolseamusBorzoiPaulwThe_ConductorwilliambBendiBuschumpneilmixoyirlirishkevjoe_chickeninigontlbellgerryjuicemikemacFiretrapmarkf909 46 votes
    In a relationship
    4%
    tHE vAGGABONDdeRangedBendiBusFiretrapgodtabhronbyrne2005molly2mervuedudeclicliFat Pie Lot 10 votes
    Live with your family
    15%
    astrofoolSte.phenseamusBorzoiPaulwThe_ConductorwilliambchumpneilmixoyirlirishkevCathyinigontlbellgerryjuicemarkf909Machasubwaytroutstovelid 34 votes
    Own a house
    2%
    deRangedjapjapsubwayronbyrne2005Fat Pie Lot 5 votes
    Rent a house
    9%
    astrofoolseamusBorzoiwilliambjimmycrackcormneilmntlbelltroutstovelidEl Stuntmanhotredheadiceman777bakerbhoywasim21kK_PgoggleboktravellerIpunchestownWeyheyhelimachoptor 20 votes
    Own an apartment
    3%
    Ste.phenixoyCathymarkf909MachaclicliRepolho 7 votes
    Rent an apartment
    4%
    tHE vAGGABONDPaulwThe_ConductorBendiBusirlirishkevgodtabhdimplemolly2mervuedudeGlittergirl 10 votes
    Want to buy a house
    3%
    chumpjoe_chickeninigogerryjuicemikemacmunchkin_utdgroom 7 votes
    Want to buy an apartment
    8%
    deRangedThe_ConductorwilliambjimmycrackcormixoyCathyinigontlbellgerryjuiceFiretrapjapjapsubwaydimplegogglebokSennaWeyheygroomRepolho 18 votes
    Own a second property in Ireland
    2%
    irlirishkevjoe_chickengerryjuiceMachatroutclicli 6 votes
    Own a property abroad
    0%
    Borzoimervuedude 2 votes
    Own more than 2 properties abroad or in Ireland
    0%
    The_ConductorGlittergirl 2 votes
    Are a First Time Buyer
    0%
    travellerIGlittergirl 2 votes
    Will buy within a year
    8%
    deRangedPaulwchumpixoyjoe_chickenCathyinigogerryjuicemarkf909japjapgodtabhMachasubwaymolly2SennaclicligroomRepolho 18 votes
    Will buy within 5 years
    2%
    deRangedjimmycrackcormSennaclicliWeyhey 5 votes
    Will buy if property drops 25% (from 27-08-2008)
    7%
    Ste.phenseamusThe_Conductorchumpixoyirlirishkevjoe_chickenCathyinigontlbellgerryjuiceFiretrapjapjapsubwaytroutdimplegogglebok 17 votes
    Will buy if property drops 50% (from 27-08-2008)
    2%
    ixoyCathyFiretrapjapjapMachaclicli 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

Will buy if property drops 50% (from 27-08-2008)
    I read in here quite a bit as I am planning on buying an apartment/house in the near future, not as an investment but as somewhere to live for the forseeable future! So I keep an eye on this firum, and on Daft, Myhome etc to see how the market is going before I decide the right time for me to buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I thought the poll was a bit dud when I first looked at it.

But it's actually quite good! Fair play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

You forgot the options for:
    • Are employed by a real estate agency
    • Are employed by, or are a property developer
    • Are employed by, or are a construction industry worker
    • Are a desperate specuvestor trying to flog tatty old properties and avoid the bankruptcy you signed up for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

It's interesting that most people's purchase plans are not dependent on a particular drop in prices, but are set within an independent time-frame. Obviously price drops will have an impact, but there doesn't seem to be much specuvestment, if I can nick SimpleSam06's term.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

Will buy within a year
    I'm also interested in purchasing but am sitting on the fence for the moment.

Take a peek in here from time to time and monitor all the irish property websites fairly regularly.

I'm not waiting for a specific price drop, but rather waiting untill I have more confidence in the market.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

gogglebok wrote: »
    It's interesting that most people's purchase plans are not dependent on a particular drop in prices, but are set within an independent time-frame. Obviously price drops will have an impact, but there doesn't seem to be much specuvestment, if I can nick SimpleSam06's term.
    Its not my term, thats been floating around for a while. Yes, the investors have pretty much run from the Irish market with their tails on fire, no great surprise there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Want to buy a house
    I don’t see an option to build your home.
    Own a site on family land in the lovely Tipperary, the most beautiful part of Ireland. :)
    North Tipp that is, South Tipp is a kip!

And I’m sure many other posters might have the same option. In fact, it should be easier to get builders (who won’t leave for a bigger job) as time goes by.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,652 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Rent a house
    micmclo wrote: »
    I don’t see an option to build your home.
    Own a site on family land in the lovely Tipperary, the most beautiful part of Ireland. :)
    North Tipp that is, South Tipp is a kip!

And I’m sure many other posters might have the same option. In fact, it should be easier to get builders (who won’t leave for a bigger job) as time goes by.

I'd simply have that as buying a house (although partly acquired at the time if you own the land).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

The winning combination
    Over 25 years old
    In a relationship
    Want to buy a house
    Are a First Time Buyer
    Will buy within 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Will buy within a year
    chump wrote: »
    The winning combination
    Over 25 years old
    In a relationship
    Want to buy a house
    Are a First Time Buyer
    Will buy within 5 years

I ticked all the same boxes except - "Will buy within 5 years". I probably will buy within 5 years although if renting remains such a bonanza option then I'm quite happy to let my landlord subsidise my lifestyle while my savings are invested elsewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement