Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

carlow based web radio station

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

digiweb have changed my IP about 10 times in as many days (used to be kinda static - one change in 18 months) so I assume they're trying to do something about my connection.

Can we get together sometime this week? either on skype or in person ...

you available tomorrow to meet in person?

i am also available on skype and your chat system for about the next hour

just added another 18 hours of shows to http://raid.radiocrackle.com plus theres a rumour that our very own aynon could well be doing a live show tonight at 9pm!

LIES!!!but we will see how things pan out!

thats over 36 hours of shows on there at the minute with (hopefully) three new shows to be added this week

hooray just finished out my schedule have 2-3 tracks from a local band that i will also be able to play tonight, this is going to be great!

check out bands like the undertakers, younameus and stoned developments on myspace. all carlow bands

• Advertisement

actually the undertakers.....to myspace!

my up/down speed atm isnt great going to have to come up with something fast!

389512298.png

i love how uneven they are!! btw thats about the 5th or 6th attempt and thats the best i can get!

man, i hear ye.

maybe forward, but an in person recording maybe in order....

you can try a live broadcast from the shed if you want

from a quality point of view i think a live shed broad cast may be best

• Advertisement

heheh - i just hope my connection doesnt turn to ****. we'll give it a shot.

i got some mountain dew today, i will bring a few cans over too! so its a win win situation

listen in tonight folks for aynon's first show!

ltnkkt.jpg

great thanks for for me hunted! love it!

after the show want everyone to crtique me here!

25 mins and counting .....

• Advertisement

oops - meant to make a thread from this post

its only a 30 min show so dont go and miss it by being late ....

on now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

am listening..

well done mr killbot!

aye well done aynon

thanks guys going to make the next one tues night 9pm. if thats ok.

we will have a pre recorded interview with joe cleere, and few other things that need to be decided

aynon wrote: »
    thanks guys going to make the next one tues night 9pm. if thats ok.

we will have a pre recorded interview with joe cleere, and few other things that need to be decided

cool will try listen out if i can

iamhunted? did that record? will it archived and if so, when?

indeedy. You can hear the archive at http://www.radiocrackle.com/v2/index.php?id=433 plus it'll be on the stream about 8 times on the next 40 hours or so.

Next live show is 10pm tomorrow night with the Paranormal Show (what an original name).

• Advertisement

Thursday (Tonights) Show:

LPlive.jpg

updated the raid radio page with some basic info:

To jumpstart this station, we really do need people to come forward and offer to DJ shows so until we get enough DJs to offer live daily programming, at present we broadcast live at least once a week (and sometimes more). You'll know if theres a live broadcast coming up as it's usually announced in advance. To keep the station going we have 24 hours of selected recordings from previous live broadcasts which are outlined below:

The Sessions Show
    Originally broadcast on RadioCrackle in 2007, The Sessions Show concentrated on bands playing the Sessions - a weekly gig which was held in Carlow. Theres a variety of DJs and a few of the shows feature guest DJs. The end result was usually a lot of fun and always featured alot of good, new and unsigned bands.

Viking Raid Radio
    These shows from 2002/2003 have been kindly donated to Raid Radio by their creator, Seven Graylands. At the time Seven was running a web radio show on Ampcast.com - a digital music resource sorely missed in these inferior days of myspace and bebo. Offering musicians online CD creation, a music community and its own web radio station, Ampcast was way ahead of its time and ultimately paid the price. Sevens Viking Raid Radio shows concentrated on Ampcast bands, plus there was healthy banter along the way.

The Paranormal Show
    Initially called Leinster Paranormal Radio and rebranded for Raid Radio, The Paranormal Show is hosted by Carlow based Leinster Paranormal. In each show the team discusses the paranormal with guests. When the shows airs live, listeners can use the Chat area and Skype the show. New shows monthly.

Killbot's Killatunes
    The first of Raid Radios new home-produced shows, Killbot's Killatunes, hosted by DJ Killbot concentrates on Carlow, it's musicians, stories and people. local bands, local talk and acoustic sessions. New shows weekly.

Last night's 'The Paranormal Show' with Shane from Paranormalt Institute, Denmark, an honest to goodness alien called Richard and the one and only Demon of the Iowa cornfields - Corney.

you can view all the Raid Radio podcasts via itunes through this link:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=302547821

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm waiting for Eircom to install the necessary equipment as i have just moved house and i would definately be interested in doing a show. I have experience doing radio (local festival radio in Bagenalstown) and i am also a Dj by profession. I would be interested in hosting/co-hosting a sports talk show but would like do a music show aswell . Like i said im waiting for Eircom to sort me out and then i am ready to go if you'll have me.

coolio

show ready for 9pm tonight! listen in guys!
    we have Joe Cleere being interviewed, and he's pormised us some acoustic. this will be played from his studio in tinryland! so this should be the best sounding show!

also if any wants one of his free singles pm me and i can arrange to get you one!

jcleere.com
    fansofjoe.tk

hopefully even more people will tune in this week. joe will be much more interesting than that eejit yer were interviewing last week ;-)

i think that this week will be the best sounding show, that raid will ever do! no offense iamhunted. its all pro recording Yamaha stuff!! listen out for the cups coming out the press in the next room, and the traffic on the road! thats how sensitive this stuff is!

• Advertisement

ahem, i run the leinster paranormal shows out of our own recording studio ...... ok shed. good recording gear though.

Killbot's Killatunes Show 2 is now online - http://radiocrackle.com/v2/index.php?id=437

thanks for that iamhunted once again. just finished listening to the recorded version. going to have to change the outro. but other then that what did you guys think?

i enjoyed it anyway

thanks iamhunted. still working on next weeks show tossing up a few ideas in my head....
    will have to think of something!

on tonights show, we will have jumpin' jack flash from america on. he's an old mate of mine.

• Advertisement

ltnkkt.jpg

live2.jpg

that pic is almost sexual/

i actually cant think up a reply to that

ON TOMORROW NIGHTS SHOW!!!

9pm GMT, we will have Adam Dooley, Irish man living in Holland. this is a continuation form the international theme i've been having lately.

We will also have some nice tracks, if any one wants to send requests, i will be in the chat room also, i can be on hotmail, gmail or yahoo. but to save bandwidth i wont be on unless on request.

• Advertisement
Advertisement