Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you get your NFL news from?

• 27-08-2008 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭

From who and why?

I got to ProFootbalTalk.com and SI.com. I fn hate ESPN.

Where do you get your NFL News from? 26 votes

ESPN
    0% 0 votes
    Sports Illustrated
    30% 8 votes
    ProFootballTalk
    7% 2 votes
    NFL.com
    3% 1 vote
    Fox Sports
    50% 13 votes
    This forum
    3% 1 vote
    Other, Please state
    3% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ESPN seems to be the most accessible and has the greatest range of media. I have a subscription to the ESPN magazine and would buy SI whenever I am in the states (can't get it over here though).

Game highlights on NFL.com is also awesome.

Why do you hate ESPN by the way? Yes, their writing staff can be hit and miss and some of the studio analysis is sensationalist or inarticulate - but Pasquerelli, Clayton and Smith are very good imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

I don't know how anyone could hate ESPN to me it seems to be the most accessible way of getting NFL news on the net (Rarely use SI)

And like the previous poster said those 3 journalists are nothing short of excellent. In fact I rarely disagree with any of Michael Smiths stuff (he also is the only decent pundit on ATH)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

use SI mostly. Peter King & Don Banks are excellent. nfl.com for videos and maybe vic carruci but thats all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

would get my news from nfl.com, cbs (which gives a lot of the stories to nfl.com anyway, just a few more articles and stuff) and the Patriots home page. Usually keep up with gossip stuff on the ask PFW segment on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭fox65

nfl.com mostly,

espn the odd time

and raidernews.com for the riaders

heard that the sporting news is doing a free football news letter weekly by email

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

ESPN is basically now a tabloid, The Sun of the US. I liken their demise to that of the Irish Independent.

They use a lot of sensationalism when writing there stories. They try to make the story not report it. For example when Lewis Hamilton won is first race splashed across their breaking news ticker was “First Black F1 Winner” while on SI.com they had Hamilton wins in Canada.

Other reasons:
    Their page2 Monday Morning Quarterback articles, that guy is an idiot
    The ESPYs (being hosted by Justin Timberlake, I guess Tom Brady was right when he said “ESPN is MTV without the girls”
    Etc….

I really like the Peter King articles and NFL.com is an excellent service; highlights of all games are brilliant.

I surprised nobody goes onto Profootballtalk.com he’s the first with all breaking news and rumours, pretty funny views on the current news but he can be totally wrong at times so take what he writes with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

i like espn,ath is great fun although not that informative.

Mike and mike get some great guests during the football season.

Michael smith and Chris Mortensen are both very informative.

The Football today podcast is excellent imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

ESPN:
    Football Today Podcast
    ATH & PTI on NASN (or Podcast if i miss it...)
    I also have the ESPN NFL thingy on my igoogle homepage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hazys, page2 has always been deliberately tongue in cheek - the monday morning quaterback section is supposed to be little more than a glib run through of the main talking points thrown up on a Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Fox and NFL, and I hit the states a couple of times a year, whereby I leave on ESPN non-stop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement