Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zotero - "software to help you collect, manage, and cite your research sources"

• 27-08-2008 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I've just downloaded Zotero and I'm going to give it a try over the next few weeks.

I was wondering if anyone has been using Zotero, and if so how they find it?

I was also wondering if there were similar software tools out there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Endnote would be recognised as one of the best, although you have to pay for it.

http://www.endnote.com/

I'd say your uni would have a licence for it. TCD, for example, gives everyone a free copy of the software.

EDIT: unless you are using LaTeX - then jabref is probably best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Yeah, it sounds pretty much like Endnote...

The current version is Endnote X2, though I have it on good authority that it's a fairly annoying program to use. I use Endnote X1 and find it very easy and very much invaluable. Let us know how you get on with Zotero though.

Advertisement