Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fender Strat- Bridge Problem

• 27-08-2008 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hey, I have a mexican Fender Stratocaster and I have a bit of a weird problem with the bridge, which sits up at nearly a 45 degree angle from the guitar! I'm guessing something is broken or needs to be replaced- any hlep or advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!
    Mick
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Turn the guitar over, look for the big piece of plastic in the middle, remove the 6 screws, loosen the strings slightly, tighten the 2 big screws in the cavity that you just uncovered.

Check the resource sticky for a more detailed version of how to setup your guitar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

i would rather add an extra spring, especially if there was just two. .
    have 5 on one guitar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

There's the actual Fender setup guide, short but to the point:

http://www.fender.com/support/stratocaster.php

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fguihen

did you just recently restring? is it a pretty new, in good condition guitar? if so, i wouldnt go screwing in the anchor screw any further or adding strings just yet.

same thing happens to floating trems if you restring them one string at a time and tune up each string before applying the next.

didnt think it happened with standard fender trems, but that could be the problem.

trick is to tuneup gradually so all strings have roughly the correct tension on them at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mick5

Cheers for the responses!

Its a fairly new guitar in good condition and tbh the bridge has always sat very high- going to go try sort it out now- thanks for all the advice!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement