Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Aid Courses

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Are these courses free?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'd say not but nice chance at free advertising!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

No, but they include a first aid manual and the notes. Been a while since i knew the prices offhand, but if they're not on the webby, give them a ring on a thursday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

The Cork city branch of the Irish Red Cross do really good Basic First Aid course which takes place over a weekend. It's costs €90 and First Aid book is provided also.
    I volunteer with them and they are excellent.

If you need any info just give us a pm, be glad to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭patrickrushe

Tree wrote: »
    No, but they include a first aid manual and the notes. Been a while since i knew the prices offhand, but if they're not on the webby, give them a ring on a thursday evening.

The first aid courses ran by the voluntaries (Irish Red Cross, Order of Malta, Civil Defence or St John Ambulance) are not free but are good value. Any money charged generally goes straight toward the running of the course. Nobody gets paid as far as I know. Everyone who teaches on the course gives up their free time to do so.

There is a course coming up toward the end of September 2009 in SJA. See the website at St John Ambulance - Cork First Aid.

If that one is full, contact St John Ambulance - Cork First Aid Courses for more information.

As above, IRC runs courses as well in the Cork area. Look at redcross.ie for info on that. Not sure about Omac or Civil defence. Maybe someone else can post??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭patrickrushe

The first aid courses ran by the voluntaries (Irish Red Cross, Order of Malta, Civil Defence or St John Ambulance) are not free but are good value. Any money charged generally goes straight toward the running of the course. Nobody gets paid as far as I know. Everyone who teaches on the course gives up their free time to do so.

There is a course coming up toward the end of September 2009 in SJA. See the website at St John Ambulance - Cork First Aid.

If that one is full, contact St John Ambulance - Cork First Aid Courses for more information.

As above, IRC runs courses as well in the Cork area. Look at redcross.ie for info on that. Not sure about Omac or Civil defence. Maybe someone else can post??

Also worth pointing out the St John's will run them at schools or at a company's premises if desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

I think Civil defence run the courses free of charge, as do the HSE with the cardiac responder courses.

Advertisement