Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overclocking a Q9450

• 27-08-2008 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Hello all, just a question...

I'm new to the whole computer building thing, getting an intel Q9450, and want to increase the speed.
    However, this will be my first experience with OCing, and I'm assuming that the stock cooler will be insufficient.
    So what CPU fans do people recommend?
    Ordering parts off hardwareversand, so preferably off that site!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Thermalright Ultra-120

Coupled with

Scythe S-Flex 1200rpm

And you're all set to hit 4GHz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Cool, will definitely be looking into getting those too...
    Are they easily attached to the processor? I've got no experience in this at all :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Yup pretty easy. Its just a case of unscrewing the backplate from the underside of the motherboard, replacing it with the one that comes with the new cooler, and then screwing in the new heatsing over the processor. It might be handy to have an extra set of hands holding up the heatsing while you screw it down though.

Advertisement