Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipes for Doce de Leite and Brigadeiro??

• 27-08-2008 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I've been given a tub of both of the above who got them from a friend of a Brazilian friend and am not sure how to use them! Anyone got any ideas or recipes I could try?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Doce de Leite is a caramel made from milk and sugar - sounds just right for a banoffee pie but would depend on how sweet and how runny it is. Or you could just eat it spread on toast.

I've not heard of Brigadeiro but wiki says this
    There are two ways to serve brigadeiro. The traditional method is to roll the candy into balls which are then covered in chocolate or coffee-flavored sprinkles; that is the way brigadeiros are served in parties. The second method is to leave the candy slightly more fluid and to eat it with a spoon, which is how people usually eat at home. Although it is not common in Brazil, a dash of rum or brandy can also be added to the recipe to give it a rich taste similar to a tartufo tiramisu.

Brigadeiro can also be used as a topping or covering for cakes, brownies, and fruits.

Again depending on how runny the stuff you have is, why not add a splash of booze and roll into balls, dip in cocoa for homemade truffles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

we used to eat, my mother in particular dulce de leche, by the spoon, or you can put it on vanilla ice cream, or toast etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

+1 on dolce de leche on icecream, yum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

These Dulce de Leche brownies are very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dfo3

Thanks for all those ideas - the kids are dying to try them out (not the booze one of course!:D)

• Advertisement
Advertisement