Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox fan noise when playing games

Options
  • 27-08-2008 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi all,
    When loading games through XBMC (with the fan speed down to 10%), why does the fan go back up to full speed and is there anyway to stop this or make it quiet while playing games? It's the same when playing the games through UnleashX!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

No, this is the default beaviour of the XBOX.
    Once a game or application is launched, the BIOS default fan speed kicks in (which is can be quite loud).
    XBMC is the execption to this as it has its own thermal throttling, fan control built-in.
    You can knock the fan speed down to 2% and its much much quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

So basically the only way to quieten the unit down during game play is by modding it with a different quieter fan? Think someone was gonna get a guide together on doing this in another thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I posted some pics of the last one I did the silent fan mod on in the main softmodding thread. here's the correct page, the pics are about halfway down: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055256404&page=28

give me a buzz if you have questions, I'm usually around. :)

Advertisement