Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VOIP IP Phone + €5 Blueface Credit (€10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

@joePC - when are you releasing the ones you are left with ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Hey Just woondering who actually delivered the phones?Dhl/An Post?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Hey Just woondering who actually delivered the phones?Dhl/An Post?
    Mine was An Post.

Looks like i will be waiting till tomorrow was looking forward in messing about with them tonight and all :(
    jmccrohan wrote: »
    Mine was An Post.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Looks like i will be waiting till tomorrow was looking forward in messing about with them tonight and all :(
    There is hope for you yet.
    It was "delivery man in a van" An Post.

Not the regular postman.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭KNO3

Got mine as well, An Post/postman delivered it. Set up straight out of the box, no problems, making phonecalls straight away, perfect reception. Well pleased.

Thanks very much Joepc great offer:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi All

I received my phone today and works ok but what I noticed is that when is switch on (from the back) I can hear a continues low squeaky noise 1st I thought it was the phone itself but after checking it further noticed that the noise is coming from the plug itself. Any others with the same/similar problem?

Also thought it was strange only makes the noise when is switch on as the noise is from the plug not the phone. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Have the same problem, they sending me a replacement when they send me out my next phone that I'm getting from them. Works great on a multi-voltage adaptor I happened to have handy.

MC

thanks will send them a mail on the web.

• Advertisement

:( no sign of mine yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Just leaving work now, hopefully the phone will be at home when I get there.

i hope its not! :P
    Just leaving work now, hopefully the phone will be at home when I get there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Has that offer expired that the OP posted about?

Something Went Wrong...

This product does not exist at www.VoipSupply.ie.
    Possible reasons:
    • This product may have been removed from our store.
    • You may have mistyped the URL to the page you were looking for.
    • You may have followed an outdated or broken link from another website.
    • OP what happened? :(

Well and truely expired, Snapped up by us :) But as he states he might have more coming soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I just realised that now, read throught the thread. Hopefully he gets some more offers for us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭scotsmarc

ah bal ls let me know if there are anymore of these bad bhoys !!

Woohoo mine came but i ordered 2 paid for 2 but only one came? Anyone else have this problem? Must send them a email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Hi,

Anyone got the password for the web page configuration. :confused:

dingding wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi

should be 1234 it worked for me.

http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/st_302_ip_phone_hardphone.html

password is 1234
    dingding wrote: »
    Hi,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Thanks for the prompt reply 1234 works for me also.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gymnipities

I'm getting the loud high-pitched noise from the power supply that a couple of other posters have complained about and it's really doing my head in, so I've had to switch it off. I'm wondering if everyone is getting this or is it a fault with some of them - is anyone not having this problem? It's definitely less of a bargain if I have to go out and buy a power supply to use the phone.

Power Supply will cost a few euro, either way its a bargain. And Yeah i have the whinning and so does another guy that got one.
    I'm getting the loud high-pitched noise from the power supply that a couple of other posters have complained about and it's really doing my head in, so I've had to switch it off. I'm wondering if everyone is getting this or is it a fault with some of them - is anyone not having this problem? It's definitely less of a bargain if I have to go out and buy a power supply to use the phone.

Power Supply will cost a few euro, either way its a bargain. And Yeah i have the whinning and so does another guy that got one.

I have the same problem, contacted them on the website and they will send me a replacement plug.

I had the whining noise too but I just used a spare multi adapter that I had and now it's fine.

Ah lads.. I cant believe you are going back to him for a new power supply!!!!!

We paid €10 for it, and of that €6 was for shipping. €4 for a VIOP phone?

That means the poor guy is making a €2 loss on shipping alone on your case. :mad:

That means the poor guy is making a €2 loss on shipping alone on your case. :mad:

Hi

I do agree with you, but if I can get the plug replaced for free is better for me than having to buy a new one and expending another few EUR, no idea how much they are. Also it will be a few days/weeks before I get to buy 1 as I my local harware shop doesn't sell them.

Also regarding what we paid, I don't think any company will sell to loose money, when they choose a price they also will take into account shipping and possible returns for faulty items. If they were to loose money they would have charge for shipping as I think most of us would be ok to pay for it.

100% agree with you i have 2 faulty(still work but whine) and i will not be asking for replacement plugs. Bad form otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gymnipities

100% agree with you i have 2 faulty(still work but whine) and i will not be asking for replacement plugs. Bad form otherwise.

I agree with you too. If it was sold at that price without a power supply it would still have been reasonable. But I wouldn't have bought it. (I can only use it for a couple of months before I switch to mobile broadband). It may be bad form to ask for a replacement but it's also bad form to sell something without the full information. In fairness to the seller there's no reason to believe he intentionally did that and he seems prepared to rectify the problem for those who might feel justified in looking for a usable power supply, so each to their own.

The Noise isent a fault though.Its a high Freq Invertor with capacitors,they make noise thats just the way they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Euro2 sell multi adapters that i imagine would do the job. Anyone wanna guess the price :pac:

Yep, I've bought adapters in there before that work brilliantly.

In fact I think the one I'm using with the phone at the moment is from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Let us know when the new batch arrives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Their not faulty .. their just noisy. i.e. they still perform their function.

Same with
    LCD Monitors - Dead pixels
    Harddisks - Some have noisy motors/ Some don't

Yeah as i said in my previous msg.
    craichoe wrote: »
    Their not faulty .. their just noisy. i.e. they still perform their function.

Same with
    LCD Monitors - Dead pixels
    Harddisks - Some have noisy motors/ Some don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Mine arrived today - have to say I'm very pleasantly surprised by the quality of this unit given the price point. Sure the adapter whines a bit, but I had a spare one lying around anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Anyone else getting a "Wait Logon ..." message when they try to use the phone?

Anyone else getting a "Wait Logon ..." message when they try to use the phone?

Does it come up login failed after that?Wait logon is just it connecting to the Sip server

no just Wait Logon ... followed by Log On Please Wait.

My sip protocol settings seem ok, and i tried forwarding the ports but no luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Any other bargains like this coming up?Im not picky :pac:
    Happy with either a phone,or the ata adapter thing

no just Wait Logon ... followed by Log On Please Wait.

My sip protocol settings seem ok, and i tried forwarding the ports but no luck
    Try switching it on and off a few times. I had that same problem myself for a while.

Tried that a load of times last night but no joy. gonna try on a different router this evening and see if it'll work.

Edit tried it with a different router and it worked straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 rover2mondeo

Haven't received mine yet, even shipped 1st September according to order status.

I think Anpost are a bit slow this week i received one package tuesday and one wednesday both shipped same day and still awaiting a package that was shipped tuesday from someone else.

Haven't received mine yet, even shipped 1st September according to order status.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

Can you make calls from these but make your Eircom number come up on the other persons caller ID so that when they call you back they to it Via your Eircom phone. Is there any such system?

• Advertisement

KhanTheMan wrote: »
    Can you make calls from these but make your Eircom number come up on the other persons caller ID so that when they call you back they to it Via your Eircom phone. Is there any such system?

Hi

No you can't, but you can change it not to display any number, is done in the Blueface website.

To be able to show your number you will need to port your number to Blueface.

Regards

nava wrote: »
    Hi

No you can't, but you can change it not to display any number, is done in the Blueface website.

To be able to show your number you will need to port your number to Blueface.

Regards

Thanks for your reply nava.

The reason i ask is that i ported my number to Blueface beofre and when i had ISP problems i ended up with no phone and reluctantly had to go back to getting an Eircom line so i could have a phone. Id love to be able to make calls via blueface but receive them via Eircom and have eircom as a backup when voip is crappy (which can be months at a time with certain ISPs).

ideally what i need is a phone that calls out using voip but receives incoming to normal phone line as well (has to be cordless). I know there is such a phone for skype but it is usb only.

KhanTheMan wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply nava.

The reason i ask is that i ported my number to Blueface beofre and when i had ISP problems i ended up with no phone and reluctantly had to go back to getting an Eircom line so i could have a phone. Id love to be able to make calls via blueface but receive them via Eircom and have eircom as a backup when voip is crappy (which can be months at a time with certain ISPs).

ideally what i need is a phone that calls out using voip but receives incoming to normal phone line as well (has to be cordless). I know there is such a phone for skype but it is usb only.

I think you can do the same with Voip, check the VoipSupply.ie website of maybe send a PM to JoePC

nava wrote: »
    I think you can do the same with Voip, check the VoipSupply.ie website of maybe send a PM to JoePC

Thanks Nava, will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Any Left? Or have I missed the boat again

:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement