Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiger woods 09 need to know gameplay tips*spoiler*

Options
  • 27-08-2008 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

tiger woods is out on friday, heres a few tips to keep us paddys up with the rest of the world,
    1 . To get perfect % shot every timeie when you make an aproch shot to a green and you need bang on 95%, hold your swing back for a second for every 5% you want to take off your shot.your first second is taken away half way true your initial swing.every second you hold your swing back subtracts 5% off your swing.if playing online use the shot guide as a guide of you countdown.

2.when putting its never a good idea to try pull your shot back to say 78% and then try to hit it at that, its nearly impossible even with the 3 click.online especially as it moves far to fast, so heres what you do, always use a combination of putt club distances ie R1 or R2 then use the right analogue to add or subtract 3 ft to your putt, there is always the right combination for the perfect putt,if you trust me on this you will be only making 1 putt every green.its simple when you get the hang of it.

i feel i know what im talking about.i was in the top 100 in the world untill i had a hd accident passwords user accounts gone the lot, with my new psn im currently 250th .i hope im not coming across as a bit of a mourinio[i am the special one] im just tryin to let ya know i know what im talking about thats all.if you have any other questions , ill answer them if i can.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

have you played the full game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

almanu wrote: »
    tiger woods is out on friday, heres a few tips to keep us paddys up with the rest of the world,
    1 . To get perfect % shot every timeie when you make an aproch shot to a green and you need bang on 95%, hold your swing back for a second for every 5% you want to take off your shot.your first second is taken away half way true your initial swing.every second you hold your swing back subtracts 5% off your swing.if playing online use the shot guide as a guide of you countdown.

2.when putting its never a good idea to try pull your shot back to say 78% and then try to hit it at that, its nearly impossible even with the 3 click.online especially as it moves far to fast, so heres what you do, always use a combination of putt club distances ie R1 or R2 then use the right analogue to add or subtract 3 ft to your putt, there is always the right combination for the perfect putt,if you trust me on this you will be only making 1 putt every green.its simple when you get the hang of it.

i feel i know what im talking about.i was in the top 100 in the world untill i had a hd accident passwords user accounts gone the lot, with my new psn im currently 250th .i hope im not coming across as a bit of a mourinio[i am the special one] im just tryin to let ya know i know what im talking about thats all.if you have any other questions , ill answer them if i can.

i dont get you.....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

bryanjf wrote: »
    have you played the full game?
    no played demo , talking to american friends ive been playing for the lastyear, nothing has changed in the game play aspect from 08.

i dont get you.....:confused:
    ok what dont you get newballs it fairly simple.
    1.im explaining how to get perfect distance on your shot.
    2. im explaining how to putt a lot easier.

i'll just wait till I play the game myself........thanks jose

• Advertisement

bryanjf wrote: »
    i'll just wait till I play the game myself........thanks jose
    grrrr ya try ta help .lol

grrrr ya try ta help .lol

easy tiger

hold your swing back for a second for every 5% you want to take off your shot.your first second is taken away half way true your initial swing.every second you hold your swing back subtracts 5% off your swing.
    2.always use a combination of putt club distances ie R1 or R2 then use the right analogue to add or subtract 3 ft to your putt.

i dont get them points!
    1. are u saying if you want 95% power just hold the left anolog stick back for 1 second???? hows that? would you just not judge on the swing the gofer is taking?

2.is this not just putting for everyone??? moving the putting line- and judgeing the pace??

i dont get them points!
    1. are u saying if you want 95% power just hold the left anolog stick back for 1 second???? hows that? would you just not judge on the swing the gofer is taking?

2.is this not just putting for everyone??? moving the putting line- and judgeing the pace??
    ok if you want 95% ,hold your swing fully back for a second, 90% 2 secs, 85% 3 secs ,80% 4 secs and so on, if you find you can find the perfect power every single time you swing with out doing the above, you be a fine golfer my friend. after awhile of doing what ive said you will be able to hit the perfect power on every single shot, 63% shots for example.with this skill ,you will be bagging double eagles and holes in one,s in no time.

quick question , do you play this game, have you played 08 much.

I DONT OWN IT, BUT PLAYED QUITE A BIT OF IT, WHEN I GOT THE LEND OF A FRIEND.

i understand ur first point now.
    ok and what do you mean about the putting?

• Advertisement

I DONT OWN IT, BUT PLAYED QUITE A BIT OF IT, WHEN I GOT THE LEND OF A FRIEND.

i understand ur first point now.
    ok and what do you mean about the putting?
    i tought you might not have played it as long as the year i had it, your getting 09 as far as i know, when you put the tips in to action you will know exactly what im talking about .

as regards to the putting , dont move the distance of your marker by using the cross pad, in other words the buttons you use for your normal distance and direction, just use a combination of putt club distance and the right analogue stick, this will add or subtract 3 ft to your putt, for example , if your putt is 10 ft away and 3 inches up hill, you will need a 13 ft putt so push the right analogue stick forward to add 3 ft to your 10ft putter.
    pheeewwww think i explained all that very clear for you.
    whats your psn ill give you a game and show you in real time just what i mean, if your an average player these tips sould take at least 5 to 10 strokes off your game, i have 100,s more, there just the very basic ones to help you have a more enjoyable game of golf.
    theres nothing i hate more , its to see fellow paddys getting ripped apart by average players.

SWING WHEN YOUR WINNING

oh whats with the FULL CAPS , you wernt shouting at me were ya lol.

also heres an email i got from a friend in america , who is a big tiger fan he has 09,heres what he thinks.

osted: 27�August�2008 at 10:05am | IP Logged Quote�TnPharmer

Alright.... I started creating my character (Photo Face) around 6pm CT... took almost 45 minutes before I played. I used my EyeToy to capture Front and Side views. Then, after a forced visit to Hank Haney I started the 'Tiger Challenge'. For the player familiar with TW this is pretty much the same as past years... and boring. After completing 1/2 of it in 2-3 hrs I went online.

The good thing to say.... graphics are nice.

Online Play is wierd.... or it may just take time to get used to. If you play 'Simultaneous Play' you see these colored lines while you are concentrating on a shot. 'Regular Play', as you wait for others to hit their shot... all you see is the player 'practice swinging'. You don't see how he sets up, you don't see any stats and... you get some wierd camera angles when he hits the ball but never see exactly where it lands. The benefit of 'Simultaneous Play'... if your opponent doesn't talk the boredom goes by fast.

Now... the 'Not-So-Good'....

At least for the first night.... Disconnects abound. It took me 3 tries before I was able to connect to a game.

1. First try... 4-Man Stroke Play... we connected, one player quit/Disconnected after 3 holes... after 6 holes (and I was up by 2 strokes) disconnected but no DNF/Loss/points deducted.
    2. Second game... Alternate Shot... we were up by 3 holes with 3 remaining... disconnected/one loss, and 160 of my 500 points deducted.
    3. Third game, 2-man Stroke Play... no problems.. won the game and gained 40 points.
    4. Fourth (final game) 4-man Best Ball lost match and lost 20 points BUT learned that several players have had the game since last Friday.

Overall, there is nothing that stands out in the game. Hopefully the disconnects were just on the first night. I was 'told' the BestBall glitch is NOT there (tho I have not confirmed it) but I did see what looked like the 'Daily' glitch... ball lands on the green then suddenly repositions itself.

Reccomendation... when you start playing online, play matches with an opponent close to your level (degree of character completion) until you have a maxed character. A maxed character is somewhere between 11-12. I learned the hard way... I am currently at an '8' and I played the BB game against 11's. They were able to reach the green from the tee several times on Boston (I think?) where my partner and I were short... thus we easily lost.

Back to offline... the 'Tiger Challenge'... I skipped thru any Hank Haney training offered after a match... I didn't see a benefit to it. Don't buy anything at the Pro Shop until you have a large sum of money. I didn't buy anything until I had $60,000. If you buy clubs REMEMBER to go into the 'Club Tuner' to re-tune those clubs.

Club distances, determining wind and elevation effects, appear to differ slightly from TW08 but I'll leave that up to the 'experts' to pass that along... I just do alot of guessing and praying.

I played the Daily Tourney online (with my '8' character) with no problems... it 'said' Very Fast greens but it appeared to be along the lines of 'Average' greens to me. I can't believe Hands got a '44' on the Wentworth course... that is almost insane being it was the same day the game was released. I can see 'someone' has been practicing alot ;D

Well... I am off work the rest of the week so time for me to head to my PS3.

any one know all about the 08 glitches ,here a very funny one for 09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PczHseE97Ws&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

I'm confused, how can you have a spoiler for a golf game?

Maybe:
    The ball ends up in the hole

Or even:
    Darth Vader is Tigers Dad....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'm confused, how can you have a spoiler for a golf game?

Maybe:
    The ball ends up in the hole

Or even:
    Darth Vader is Tigers Dad....

:D Was thinking exactly the same......

does anyone else think this game is a bit easy?
    i started career and won my first 4 tourneys, not being big headed but. is anyone else finding it easy enough?
    online play isnt great either

i started career and won my first 4 tourneys, not being big headed but. is anyone else finding it easy enough?
    you have it on easy play, go to options and put on expert.

I've won every tournament i've played, have it on normal, can't get my player up to a good enough standard to use online though, struggling big time on the short play :mad:

whiterebel wrote: »
    :D Was thinking exactly the same......
    i was going to include a cheat, how to max your stats after 36 holes. then tought against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

hold triangle down doing the loading of a match menu and you get a fail sign.

• Advertisement
Advertisement