Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Name Spelled Wrong on Speeding Fine

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

peasant wrote: »
    Tone it down "my friend" or you're taking a break from here

No offence peasant my friend but I couldnt give a rats ass if you want me to tone it down or if you'll give me a "break" for speaking my mind. Ill always speak my mind and give my opinion regardless, do people really feel threatened or bothered by a week away from a silly messageboard?

Anyway to the topic at hand I had a case against a garda (the details will remain private) where I was injured due to their negligence, that garda lied about the circmstances on the stand and was found out after a neutral witness to the incident gave their evidence. I have first hand experience where a family member was brought to court for careless or dangerous driving where gardai h lied under oath to exagerrate the nature of the incident (preactically doubling the speed of the car in the incident).

If someone cant get the name of the offender correct after reading it on a licence (something my 7 year old could do) how can they be trusted to get the specifics of a speed check in order? Its fairly straightforward when going to court over a speeding indiscretion, be respectable and well dressed, plead innocent on never receiving the fine explaining that you would have had no problem paying it and dont be smart towards the judge and the fine will be truck out of court. It happens up and down the country every day.

Is it immoral, maybe but so are most speed checks. The law is there and can be used by both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

thou shalt not argue with thy moderator ...10 day break for cpoh1

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

cpoh1 wrote: »
    No offence peasant my friend but I couldnt give a rats ass if you want me to tone it down or if you'll give me a "break" for speaking my mind. Ill always speak my mind and give my opinion regardless, do people really feel threatened or bothered by a week away from a silly messageboard?
    If you think its a silly messageboard then you know where the door is - please feel free to use it before someone (e.g. me) shows you the way out!

edit: damn - missed my chance!

Advertisement