Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kennedy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 27-08-2008 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭

PWInsider.com reports that Ken Kennedy is scheduled for shoulder surgery this Friday. Kennedy injured his shoulder during a house show match with Shelton Benjamin earlier this month, and has been working lightly ever since.

Kennedy was diagnosed with a torn labrum and damage to his rotator cuff by Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Alabama. After two weeks of rehab and no progress, it was determined he would require surgery.

He is expected to miss four to six months after the procedure, which will be performed by Dr. Andrews.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

EdK wrote: »
    PWInsider.com reports that Ken Kennedy is scheduled for shoulder surgery this Friday. Kennedy injured his shoulder during a house show match with Shelton Benjamin earlier this month, and has been working lightly ever since.

Kennedy was diagnosed with a torn labrum and damage to his rotator cuff by Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Alabama. After two weeks of rehab and no progress, it was determined he would require surgery.

He is expected to miss four to six months after the procedure, which will be performed by Dr. Andrews.

So we will be missing Cena and kennedy for a few months.
    Dam.

to be honest, i see kennedy being dropped before his rehab is finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

It wouldn't surprise me, as much as i enjoy Kennedy, he's become very injury prone in the last two years.

VR!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It wouldn't surprise me, as much as i enjoy Kennedy, he's become very injury prone in the last two years.

VR!

So he isnt one of those people who deserves death.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

VR!

Seems to have the worst luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

So we will be missing Cena and kennedy for a few months.
    Dam.

Add Orton to that list too.:( I would hate to see Kennedy being let go, I mean like he's the kind of superstar that if they let him go he could really be an asset to the likes of TNA. Can't see Vince running that risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Add Orton to that list too.:( I would hate to see Kennedy being let go, I mean like he's the kind of superstar that if they let him go he could really be an asset to the likes of TNA. Can't see Vince running that risk.
    There's no way Orton is gonna be dropped if thats what you meant..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Don't really care, one of the most over rated wrestlers in the business.

DRakE wrote: »
    There's no way Orton is gonna be dropped if thats what you meant..

Where did I say Orton would be dropped, he's out for another 3 months due to a motorcycle accident, is he not? So I said add Orton to the list of Cena and Kennedy who are out injured that CBC mentioned.

I said Kennedy, and Kennedy, might be at a risk of being let go due to being injury prone but I still can't see it happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

VR!

Really? Can't say I'm a fan myself. While he seems to have ironed out the silly basic in-ring botches, he's still pretty much a one-line wonder in my opinion. His promos seem so forced, he ends up just sounding constipated to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd like to like Kennedy. But he's too annoying and often too useless for me to like him. His two career highlights so far for me were his appearance on Byte This and when he was on Tom Green's show. So I know that he can entertain me. But he rarely does it in the ring or on the mic

He's fallen pretty far

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote: »
    I'd like to like Kennedy. But he's too annoying and often too useless for me to like him. His two career highlights so far for me were his appearance on Byte This and when he was on Tom Green's show. So I know that he can entertain me. But he rarely does it in the ring or on the mic

He's fallen pretty far

I'm surprised to hear you say that because in a lot of fans' view Kennedy is one of the most naturally gifted superstars on the mic. For instance, him going toe to toe with Regal was one of the most flowing promo's I have seen in awhile. And he was a great foil to Ric Flair's "tradition" promo's.

He is up there with MVP in terms of talent on the mic and the only ones I see right now beating them on the mic are Michaels and Jericho, who are head and shoulders above everyone else anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

If WWE where to let Kennedy go I would say they would wait till after his rehab, so he would really be out of the minds of the casual fan.

6 months recovering, then, let go, then, no compete clause, then, Kennedy who?!?*

* gracious overuse of comma's, sorry!

For instance, him going toe to toe with Regal was one of the most flowing promo's I have seen in awhile.

I didn't think that I thought much of it at the time, so I checked what I posted about it:
    Fozzy wrote:
    I'm not sure about Kennedy now. His piece wasn't great. But Regal more than made up for it.

I don't get his promos. He just shouts a lot. He never seems to have anything important to say, just his name

He just shouts a lot.
    Sometimes OVER the guy hes talking to, drowning out what they're saying. I wouldn't miss him even one bit if they fired his ass tomorrow.

I didn't think that I thought much of it at the time, so I checked what I posted about it:

I don't get his promos. He just shouts a lot. He never seems to have anything important to say, just his name

He has that kind of in-your-face and brazen attitude in his promo's that I like. I find that refreshing in this day and age where the "intense" promo is the norm. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the promo's of HBK, Cena, Flair, HHH, Jericho etc etc. I just like seeing a promo that is not particulary about emotion but rather about calling someone up on being a douche.

I'm surprised to hear you say that because in a lot of fans' view Kennedy is one of the most naturally gifted superstars on the mic. For instance, him going toe to toe with Regal was one of the most flowing promo's I have seen in awhile. And he was a great foil to Ric Flair's "tradition" promo's.

He is up there with MVP in terms of talent on the mic and the only ones I see right now beating them on the mic are Michaels and Jericho, who are head and shoulders above everyone else anyway.

IM sure we've had this discussion before I ask for some footage to back up what you ar saying and I got none.

rovert wrote: »
    IM sure we've had this discussion before I ask for some footage to back up what you ar saying and I got none.

Just some of the promo's I've enjoyed by Kennedy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTUqeMVSoqM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzR4f-BST2w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCX_l5U3jMw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwxRoE7ONZA&feature=related

If you meant you want me to go into more detail about how highly the crowd regard his skills, just look at how over he is and how sucessfully he engages with the crowd. He's no Jeff Hardy, he's not over due to his brilliance in the ring or the look that he has, it has to be the mic and his charisma on it.

Nobody needs to back any opinion about promos, some people think Cena delivers strong promos, other's don't. Some people think Kennedy delivers strong promos, other's don't.

One mans poison is another mans pleasure, and what is understood doesn't need to be discussed. End of.
    VR!

Nobody needs to back any opinion about promos, some people think Cena delivers strong promos, other's don't. Some people think Kennedy delivers strong promos, other's don't.

One mans poison is another mans pleasure, and what is understood doesn't need to be discussed. End of.
    VR!

Very diplomatic of you but I was just being courteous. You should really think of modding this place.:)

Very diplomatic of you but I was just being courteous. You should really think of modding this place.:)

Ah i know, i wasn't blasting anyone. But debating on what people are obviously going to have different feelings on will never draw a solid conclusion, as opposed to debating something that did actually happen and what not.

I don't think i'd even be in the running for mod, and even if i was, i wouldn't have the time, energy or patience for it. :)

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I don't think i'd even be in the running for mod, and even if i was, i wouldn't have the time, energy or patience for it. :)

VR!

We don't even really need another mod. Fozzy really doesn't get enough credit for keeping the balance around here. He could easily clamp down and wreck the whole buzz and flow of the forum. Also, VR as a mod would be hilarious. I could just imagine Fozzy having to reverse a load of arbitary bans you've given Rovert

Bubs101 wrote: »
    We don't even really need another mod. Fozzy really doesn't get enough credit for keeping the balance around here. He could easily clamp down and wreck the whole buzz and flow of the forum. Also, VR as a mod would be hilarious. I could just imagine Fozzy having to reverse a load of arbitary bans you've given Rovert

I wasn't ragging on Fozzy, he does an excellent job. But from what I've seen he's the only mod who regularly posts. A bit unfair that he has to do it all on his own. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there are other mods who don't post, just lurk waiting to pounce.:pac:

VR!

VR, I just was looking for examples thats all as nothing popped into my head to even indicate why a person may even think that way. Ill look at those video later today, LZ5by5.
    If you meant you want me to go into more detail about how highly the crowd regard his skills, just look at how over he is and how sucessfully he engages with the crowd. He's no Jeff Hardy, he's not over due to his brilliance in the ring or the look that he has, it has to be the mic and his charisma on it.

No need that is a fair enough assessment. I remember the last time Kennedy came up. Someone said he has brillant mic skills and cut money promos more or less.

VR, I just was looking for examples thats all as nothing popped into my head to even indicate why a person may even think that way. Ill look at those video later today, LZ5by5.

I demand that you watch them now, accept Keeeeennnnnnedaaaaaayyyyy as the master!:mad::pac::p

Is Kennedy really over though? I haven't seen him at all since he went to Smackdown but I've read about the crowd being dead for his matches. They all join in when he says his name though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Is Kennedy really over though? I haven't seen him at all since he went to Smackdown but I've read about the crowd being dead for his matches. They all join in when he says his name though
    The crowd reacts when he talks. Don't ask me why, but they do.

Its a shame WWE don't have someone like Benoit to help him up his ring performance. MVP was pretty diabolical before Benoit got his his hands on him, and was definately seen as occupying a rung below Kennedy, a situation which was then reversed.

In general, people seem to be losing interest in him i think.

From one absence to another, people seem to forget about him. (im not judging this off crowd responses or anything, im just saying in my experience on different forums and what-not, he used to be mentioned and talked about a lot, but now i rarely ever see his name come up anywhere. In fact i think this is the first Kennedy thread I've seen anywhere in a long time.)

According to Heyman the reason he was brought up to the WWE roster was due to his Promo's .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Nobody cares about him, he didn't get the push when he should of gotten it and then when it looked like he was going to get the push he got caught with the wellness policy and waas suspended. Now people see him as a jobber (Well I do) like Santino.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

If Kennedy had keep himself clean and worked the storyline as Vince's son it would have made him i think.

His promos are good but he is way better as a heel

I hope him, Cena and Orton are back soon.

He is having some bad luck

The crowd reacts when he talks. Don't ask me why, but they do.

Its a shame WWE don't have someone like Benoit to help him up his ring performance. MVP was pretty diabolical before Benoit got his his hands on him, and was definately seen as occupying a rung below Kennedy, a situation which was then reversed.

Too true man, I was pleasantly surprised with the match he had with Benoit at WM23, I really enjoyed it and I think it was a real turning point for MVP.

Fozzy, the 1st two videos that I posted with him and Regal, the crowd really engage with him. And as I've said before, it's not due to his wrestling matches that he's popular, it's because of what he does on the mic.

Too true man, I was pleasantly surprised with the match he had with Benoit at WM23, I really enjoyed it and I think it was a real turning point for MVP.

Fozzy, the 1st two videos that I posted with him and Regal, the crowd really engage with him. And as I've said before, it's not due to his wrestling matches that he's popular, it's because of what he does on the mic.

Anyone remember the Road Dog Jesse James?:pac:

In fairness to MVP, yes the Benoit feud and the tutelage he received from Benoit over that extended period was invaluable, but he was far from rubbish before that. I was pleasantly surprised by how good he was even before that and the Kane feud that kick-started his run produced more above-average to good matches than anyone has any right to expect from Kane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

flahavaj wrote: »
    In fairness to MVP, yes the Benoit feud and the tutelage he received from Benoit over that extended period was invaluable, but he was far from rubbish before that. I was pleasantly surprised by how good he was even before that and the Kane feud that kick-started his run produced more above-average to good matches than anyone has any right to expect from Kane!
    I disagree. Those matches (which were oftne gimmicky, which tends to play to Kane's strengths) were terrible. Kane can have good matches still (i discovered recently watching him against Morrisson, Punk and Jericho) but in y opinion those matches with MVP showed Kane to be unfit and failed to make MVP look at all talented.

Mr. Kennedy has been hit with another major setback as he is now scheduled to receive surgery for the injury he sustained weeks ago. It was initially reported that Kennedy would rehab the injury as opposed to surgery, however the pain became too much for him to bear and he opted for the surgical procedure. He is expected to be out of action for at least 6-8 months and will most likely return in time for Wrestlemania of next year.

I can imagine it now:

"The WWE has come to terms on the release of Ken Kennedy, We wish him well in all his future endeavors"

• Advertisement

They'll keep him around to market the direct-to-dvd films that he's doing for them.

They'll keep him around to market the direct-to-dvd films that he's doing for them.

He hasn't done any WWE films yet

He hasn't done any WWE films yet

He's done filming for Behind Enemy Lines 3.

He's done filming for Behind Enemy Lines 3.

That's not a WWE film though, is it?

The film was followed by two direct to DVD sequels; Behind Enemy Lines II: Axis of Evil, and Behind Enemy Lines III: Columbia which was co-produced by WWE Films.

Wikipedia

• Advertisement

Ok, he has kinda done a WWE film.

But that doesnt mean he has to promote it or star in any more.

Ok, he has kinda done a WWE film.

But that doesnt mean he has to promote it or star in any more.

But surely they will want to keep him around to make sure they maximise the return on their investment?

Films like The Scorpion King and The Rundown were "co-produced" by WWE too, but all that meant was that one of their wrestlers was in it, as far as I know they didn't have any real control in the production of them

I may be wrong but they showed trailers of the films that they were "involved" in during shows didn't they? They even somewhat integrate these films into their show to promote it, like when Booker T and Goldust took the piss out of The Scorpion King and Kane muddied the waters between himself and his character in See No Evil. They wanted to heighten interest in these films, how could they do it without Kennedy or showing clips of a wrestler that they fired?

But surely they will want to keep him around to make sure they maximise the return on their investment?

To be honest,

the fact that it is Straight to DVD shows there is no possible way to do that.

To be honest,

the fact that it is Straight to DVD shows there is no possible way to do that.

Fact, how?

Fact, how?

It is Straight to DVD, check post #41.

It is Straight to DVD, check post #41.

That isnt what Im asking about.

I may be wrong but they showed trailers of the films that they were "involved" in during shows didn't they? They even somewhat integrate these films into their show to promote it, like when Booker T and Goldust took the piss out of The Scorpion King and Kane muddied the waters between himself and his character in See No Evil. They wanted to heighten interest in these films, how could they do it without Kennedy or showing clips of a wrestler that they fired?

Well the scorpion king was a huge deal, it was the rocks first major role and was a big film.
    See no evil was WWE's own film which makes sense to have it heavily marketed.

Where as this is a dvd special, just staring a WWE wrestler.

Fact, how?

Omg rovert, its not a question of fact, its common sense my friend.

A straight to DVD costs how much?
    15, 16 euro?
    So they will really be only able to break even, meaning WWE wont get as much as they would hope, so why bother.

If your asking fact if its straight to dvd, LZ5by5 answered that one.

Omg rovert, its not a question of fact, its common sense my friend.

A straight to DVD costs how much?
    15, 16 euro?
    So they will really be only able to break even, meaning WWE wont get as much as they would hope, so why bother.

You do know films break even/turn a profit on DVDs sales alone? Not to mention DVD sales is the best performing part of WWE's business currently. Dont state something is fact when it is not.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement