Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Prices

Options
  • 27-08-2008 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Lately with all this news about recession and people cutting back on everything i'm just curious as to how different the house prices are now and when the 'boom' was taking place.

so have the prices changed that much? i know in towns and such they have but for people going out and building their own homes is now the time to start?

if you've recently bought a house how much has it dropped in value? and how do you feel about it? Is there anything you can do?

Take your average three bed normal house, kitchen, sitting, bathroom, study. how much would construction of that be now compared to a year ago?

I know the sites can be in the region of 80-100K but the privacy is priceless.

looking forward to your comments.

Sandra

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Install Property-Bee - www.property-bee.com - and find out for yourself.

What agency do you work for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭SanNJay

What do you mean agency?

Why would you think i work for an agency?

Sandra

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I'd say that selling houses are down a good 20-30% on the peak, with further to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭SanNJay

does the same go for the construction of private houses?

Sandra

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I doubt construction will have dropped by as much, more the land it was sitting on will be worth less.

The builder will be more motivated to do it now, with dwindling work elsewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement